PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

East-West Shrine Bowl Coaching Roster - Shrine Bowl Updates

Bill’s kids are good coaches. While the nepotism does glare it is readily evident his kids are good for real.
If you intern for, and are mentored by, the GOAT coach then this isn't really too surprising... especially since the education surely extends past normal working hours. BB is probably coaching up his sons at the family BBQ...

If you intern for, and are mentored by, the GOAT coach then this isn't really too surprising... especially since the education surely extends past normal working hours. BB is probably coaching up his sons at the family BBQ...
Particularly when you consider that Bill's dad did it with him.

Big win for the West and the Pats coaching staff. The offense and shadow OC Matty P overwhelmed the East with 4 FGs.

Fresno State Mims RB looks to have a good burst. https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/jordan-mims

Pats should seriously consider drafting this kid as their new kicker. Huge leg and no tattoos.

I can’t tell whether the edge rushers on both sides were very good or the tackle play was sh*t but the QBs seemed to be under pressure throughout the game.

Last edited:

Big win for the West and the Pats coaching staff. The offense and shadow OC Matty P overwhelmed the East with 4 FGs.

Fresno State Mims RB looks to have a good burst. https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/jordan-mims

Pats should seriously consider drafting this kid as their new kicker. Huge leg and no tattoos.

I can’t tell whether the edge rushers on both sides were very good or the tackle play was sh*t but the QBs seemed to be under pressure throughout the game.

#75 from Mississippi State was a plodder.

Thanks for succinctly expressing what I failed to say in a post in another thread about this game. That and the shadow OC MP for 4 FG was hilarious (which I had also thought about).

i still say the fact that cam achord is still employed by this team is the biggest affront on this staff

two years of steady decline on STs to the point it cost multiple wins this season.......the offense struggled, but there's multiple places to toss the blame on that one

Yep... Spending even one penny on Judge Joey & Cant Assford combined is... a waste of a perfectly good penny.

#FireAllSlappies

I wonder if the college players have read the article in the Boston Herald, then they see Joe Judge walking around practice.

No ****... If I were a draftable player, I would tell my agent to let it be known that I will refuse to play for an organization that has still has Judge Joey, Cant Assford & Phatt Matt on its payroll.

#FireAllSlappies

Interesting, Sunseri was listed as WRs previously but now OL. Ross Douglas OC and QBs. Joe Houston at ST, no more Achord? Or is Achord still a "supervisor"?

Not my cousin Vinnie should be the Safeties coach, if he's to be an NFL coach at all.

This is not a huge surprise given our roster. I assume we’d be looking at 2nd to 4th round range.

Of course, then they also add this:

We haven't had a legit 3rd-down RB in the building since SweetFeet was injured over a season & a half ago... Inexcusable.

I would love to see Rothstein mic'd up working with the RBs.

This is the dude that was Patricia's assistant and is basically a footbal nerd. He'd never been a FT position coach and in 2020 when the DET HC, OC & DC all got covid, Rothstein was selected to be the defensive play caller when they faced the Bucs. Brady put up 348 yds / 4 TDs w/ a perfect 158.3 rating. Then Gabbert added 143 yds and 2 TDs. Bucs put up 588 total yards and routed the Lions 47-7. Lol

Fat Matt talked Belichick into bringing this dude onto the team, supposedly to take Ernie's old role. Now he's coaching RBs? Then there's this little nugget from Bedard.

“So, I was told this the other day, and I don’t know it 100% fact. It’s tough to get information out of there. But I heard that Evan Rothstein, who is Matt Patricia’s nerd from Detroit who has never coached a position, college or the NFL, is spearheading the pass-game concepts for the Patriots,” Bedard said.

“(This) is interesting,” Bedard said, “because in Detroit, he was on the defensive side with Matt, which is Matt’s expertise. Even there’s a quote from the Detroit Free Press where Darrell Bevell, the offensive coordinator, is talking about, ‘(Rothstein) is our most knowledgeable in terms of our defense and what we’re really doing all the way across the board.’

“And now this is another example of, well, good coaches, smart minds. Even though the area where he has the most expertise is defense, all of a sudden this year it’s OK for him to switch over to offense and design the pass concepts for Matt Patricia, which have worked really, really well.”

Sometimes I wonder if FM is a Svengali-type of character whispering in Belichick's ear.

That is...extremely scary.

Bill’s kids are good coaches. While the nepotism does glare it is readily evident his kids are good for real.

That ass-ertion will never be proven until they go somewhere else first... The sooner the better.

I would love to see Rothstein mic'd up working with the RBs.

This is the dude that was Patricia's assistant and is basically a footbal nerd. He'd never been a FT position coach and in 2020 when the DET HC, OC & DC all got covid, Rothstein was selected to be the defensive play caller when they faced the Bucs. Brady put up 348 yds / 4 TDs w/ a perfect 158.3 rating. Then Gabbert added 143 yds and 2 TDs. Bucs put up 588 total yards and routed the Lions 47-7. Lol

Fat Matt talked Belichick into bringing this dude onto the team, supposedly to take Ernie's old role. Now he's coaching RBs? Then there's this little nugget from Bedard.

“So, I was told this the other day, and I don’t know it 100% fact. It’s tough to get information out of there. But I heard that Evan Rothstein, who is Matt Patricia’s nerd from Detroit who has never coached a position, college or the NFL, is spearheading the pass-game concepts for the Patriots,” Bedard said.

“(This) is interesting,” Bedard said, “because in Detroit, he was on the defensive side with Matt, which is Matt’s expertise. Even there’s a quote from the Detroit Free Press where Darrell Bevell, the offensive coordinator, is talking about, ‘(Rothstein) is our most knowledgeable in terms of our defense and what we’re really doing all the way across the board.’

“And now this is another example of, well, good coaches, smart minds. Even though the area where he has the most expertise is defense, all of a sudden this year it’s OK for him to switch over to offense and design the pass concepts for Matt Patricia, which have worked really, really well.”

Sometimes I wonder if FM is a Svengali-type of character whispering in Belichick's ear.

Has anyone ever actually seen Evan Rothstein in person?

At my old job we made up a person and several of us would pin things on him. We named him Ronaldo. “We have a meeting with Ronaldo in a bit.” “Ronaldo has that one covered for me later.” “Ronaldo booked that conference room.” Ronaldo was never real, but several people thought he was.

Has anyone ever actually seen Evan Rothstein in person?

At my old job we made up a person and several of us would pin things on him. We named him Ronaldo. “We have a meeting with Ronaldo in a bit.” “Ronaldo has that one covered for me later.” “Ronaldo booked that conference room.” Ronaldo was never real, but several people thought he was.
Like the M*A*S*H episode with Tuttle.

That ass-ertion will never be proven until they go somewhere else first... The sooner the better.

You seriously need to stop with this utter nonsense. DMac and others have all stated that Brian and Steve are BOTH good coaches. Just because YOU can't handle that fact doesn't mean it's not true.

Better yet. Why don't you follow your own advice and go somewhere else and "WOW" them with your "knowledge".

I stopped reading after the very first sentence.
That speaks volumes about your inability to comprehend what is good and what isn't. Not on the quality of the article.

That speaks volumes about your inability to comprehend what is good and what isn't. Not on the quality of the article.
Was it good for you to start a thread asking for donations because you're shooting blanks?

Asking for a friend.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back