Eagles hire Oregon Ducks' Chip Kelly as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mort: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles

In a stunning and unexpected reversal, Oregon head coach Chip Kelly has reportedly agreed to become the new head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported on Wednesday that Kelly had taken the job. Neither the Eagles nor Oregon has confirmed the news.

Report: Eagles hire Chip Kelly as new head coach | ProFootballTalk

Significant reversal, and the NFCE just got much more interesting.

This came out of nowhere. Nothing confirmed, but Chris Mortensen just tweeted it.

this is pretty cool news, I'm excited to see this guy in the NFL

So does that doom Vick to the JEST rumors? :eek:

Re: Mort: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles

Not surprising, i always said that Chip kelly always wanted to succeed Andy Reid and he was going to hold out until he stepped down...........................

I'm pretty sure Reid just sold his house in Philly, we all should have seen this coming.

Re: Mort: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles

I wonder if they keep Vick now. Vick seems to be the best option already in the system to run Kelly's up tempo offense. Of course, I also expect them to draft a quarterback. Perhaps Klein?

Ugh, this is BS. Why Chip, why?

(Sanctions are coming)

So does that doom Vick to the JEST rumors? :eek:

I don't see why it wouldn't. Kelly is probably going to draft a quarterback then let him sit behind Vick for a year or so as he grows into the system.

The one thing that makes me happy about this is it puts to rest that awful rumor that Kelly is waiting for BB's job.

nice.... some more competition for the Giants and Skins. :)

Pretty excited to see what will come out of it. If there's one thing the Eagles have is tremendous team speed on offense, especially if Vick stays.

Eagles games figure to get A LOT more entertaining to watch, and fantasy numbers of some Philly offensive players should soar.

Going for it regularly on 4th downs, often going for 2 point conversions, running the super-hurry-up...

Gonna watch me some Eagles. Too bad we don't play the NFC East until 2015.

As a Ducks fan I'm not happy with how he jerked the Ducks around. I won't be rooting for him, hopefully Helfrich will keep it going in Eugene.

LMAO, I seen this on Twitter...

I guess Chip Kelly really couldn't resist going up against a Monte Kiffin defense twice a year.

It wasn't that much of a rumor. It was just one writer speculating.

Don't confuse us with those silly "facts" of yours, don't you realize that this proves that Josh McDaniels will be taking over for Belichick the day after the season ends??

/sarcasm off

To be serious now, given the success we've seen the last couple of years with read option looks on offense, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Kelly's offense plays in the NFL, I doubt very much that he will "Pitino" it here, I think he will adjust it to his players and bring in the concepts over time, but if it works it can be really fun to watch. If nothing else it will be fun to see if it annoys the Giants. I think this is the best decision Lurie has made since he told Joe Banner to take a hike.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how a lesser QB fares at running the super-speed no huddle.

That is a good hire. Who does he get as a QB though?

That is a good hire. Who does he get as a QB though?

20120809_ajw_sj7_146_extra_large_medium.jpg

:p

Now it makes sense why we brough Daboll back.

McDaniels takes our Oregon based hurry up to Oregon as HC.
Daboll replaces McDaniels.

(just kidding, don't rip me for this, it's a joke).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back