PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DVR Alert: SB49, SB51 (mostly unaltered, full games) on NFL Network today at 1 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Super Bowl Classics
1:00 ET - Patriots vs Seahawks
4:00 ET - Patriots vs Falcons

These games are in their virtual entirety....they have every play and almost all of the original commentary from the broadcast (unfortunately no way to edit out Collinsworth). They even contain the post-game celebrations and trophy presentations. They do jump ahead sometimes and cut out the between-play commentary/huddles/replays, but overall they keep a good flow of the game and this isn’t one where they only show the snap to end of play in rapid succession.

I am excited because I’ve seen a lot of NFL Films summary shows from these games but have struggled to find anything to close to the original airings outside of YouTube clips. I had both SBs on my DirecTV DVR but had to replace the DVR and get a new blank hard drive, and I was really bummed. I even tried to buy a few DVDs but they weren’t as advertised and did not have the full Super Bowls as originally broadcasted. This is about as close as you can get to a fully restored version of each game.

EDIT: CENSORED BY THE NYJFL AND NO LONGER BEING BROADCASTED!!!

Last edited:
So I just went to set up that recording and what I am seeing scheduled on NFLN is Boys vs Giants from 2014.

Super Bowl Classics
1:00 ET - Patriots vs Seahawks
4:00 ET - Patriots vs Falcons

These games are in their virtual entirety....they have every play and almost all of the original commentary from the broadcast (unfortunately no way to edit out Collinsworth). They even contain the post-game celebrations and trophy presentations. They do jump ahead sometimes and cut out the between-play commentary/huddles/replays, but overall they keep a good flow of the game and this isn’t one where they only show the snap to end of play in rapid succession.

I am excited because I’ve seen a lot of NFL Films summary shows from these games but have struggled to find anything to close to the original airings outside of YouTube clips. I had both SBs on my DirecTV DVR but had to replace the DVR and get a new blank hard drive, and I was really bummed. I even tried to buy a few DVDs but they weren’t as advertised and did not have the full Super Bowls as originally broadcasted. This is about as close as you can get to a fully restored version of each game.

Dude, torrents.

So I just went to set up that recording and what I am seeing scheduled on NFLN is Boys vs Giants from 2014.

That’s weird. Wonder if it depends on your location.

That’s weird. Wonder if it depends on your location.

Odd indeed, we are 'upta camp' in Maine for the weekend so it's still New England as far as regional broadcasting goes even when I went online to set the recording at home that was what I saw at the time. Now however it is showing XLIX and LI online but when I try to set up the recording it will only allow record series and doesn't show those games except on demand. Bizarre, I set it to record series and if that doesn't work I guess I will just have to stay with the game recording I already have.

So weird...they changed the scheduling! I am 100% sure because I still have the Record icon on the game, but it’s not the Patriots now. What makes me even more mad is I had a partial recording (noticed it when playing live) of the Patriots-Falcons 4th quarter and OT, but I deleted it last night thinking I would replace it with the entire game. Argghhhhhhhh!!!

iTunes has (had?) the full Super Bowl 49 available for download. Yeah you have to pay money, but for that game it's worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes