Reaction score
first week it is opponent adjusted

Overall #1
Offense #9
Defense #1
Special teams #27

2019 TEAM EFFICIENCY RATINGS | Football Outsiders

- Ghost is killing us
- Offense still being top 10 is promising. Should finish top 5-7 once they iron some things out.

This instantly kills the "they're only ranked #1 in every defensive category because they played bad teams" narrative.

They have potential in time to be the 2015 Broncos with a better offense/QB

What’s so unique about this defensive unit is that there are no “superstars” per se. I.E a Khalil Mack, Donald, Miller, Kuechlys etc.. The unit is smart, tough, cohesive & experienced; playing as a team. Is it possible to stay ranked #1 and stay under the radar? I love these dudes.

Last edited:
What’s so unique about this defensive unit is that there are no “stars” per se. I.E a Khalil Mack, Donald, Miller, Kuechlys etc.. The unit is smart, tough, cohesive & experienced; playing as a team. Is it possible to stay ranked #1 and stay under the radar? I love these dudes.

Gilmore and McCourty aren't stars?

What’s so unique about this defensive unit is that there are no “superstars” per se. I.E a Khalil Mack, Donald, Miller, Kuechlys etc.. The unit is smart, tough, cohesive & experienced; playing as a team. Is it possible to stay ranked #1 and stay under the radar? I love these dudes.
superstar is the old dude on the sideline :D

Hell no. Maybe to us. Neither of them have multiple All-Pros to their name. I think you know what I mean @SBLIII

1. Stephon Gilmore, Patriots
He doesn't have the mouth of Ramsey or the pizzazz of Peterson, but Gilmore has quietly been an anchor on the Patriots' championship defense since breaking out with the Bills. In his two years with New England, the eighth-year vet made up for just four combined picks with elite coverage grades, allowing a league-low completion percentage in 2018.
Top 10 cornerbacks, safeties in NFL: Stephon Gilmore, Derwin James sit atop DB lists

They have potential in time to be the 2015 Broncos with a better offense/QB

which part of this offense is better

giphy.gif

IMO Gilmore is a superstar.

IMO Gilmore is a superstar.

I can’t knock that. He surely has been playing like a superstar for the last year or so, but I meant “superstar” as in household name/ sure-fire HOF players etc...No big deal.

1. Stephon Gilmore, Patriots
He doesn't have the mouth of Ramsey or the pizzazz of Peterson, but Gilmore has quietly been an anchor on the Patriots' championship defense since breaking out with the Bills. In his two years with New England, the eighth-year vet made up for just four combined picks with elite coverage grades, allowing a league-low completion percentage in 2018.
Top 10 cornerbacks, safeties in NFL: Stephon Gilmore, Derwin James sit atop DB lists
I can’t knock that. He surely has been playing like a superstar for the last year or so, but I meant “superstar” as in household name/ sure-fire HOF players etc...No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes