PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dream Scenario for Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream scenario is that Brady plays at a high level into his mid-forties and retires a lifelong Patriot, winning at least one more SB.

Belichick continues for a few more years and wins another SB with Brady's successor.

Dreams aside, I intend to continue to savor every down of every game that TB and BB play and coach for the Pats.

Life is grand!

Oh, my other dream scenario:

"ClownOut 2017" at Gillette stadium garners national attention when 60,000 fans don the Goodell clown shirt. It spreads to New Orleans, Miami, Kansas City and Cleveland. By week 6, every stadium in every NFL game features the Clown. By week 10, the humiliated Owners fire the ***clown and all of his lackeys at 345 Park Avenue.

BB can't be seen as someone who goes back on deals. Let's assume BB & SP had an agreement. There is no advantage in BB now going back on that & asking for more. Obviously, it was Butler for Cooks w a few draft picks in play.

Good move to "stick to your word" as future dealings will be even smoother.
There's also the player's agent in the middle of all this.

Nice dream...works out for everyone.

well at some point Brady should consider the risk to his elder years by continuing to play.......if he wins this year, what does he really have left to prove? Does his greatness have to include walking around in pain like Joe Montana?

Sign Hightower.

Don't trade Butler. In fact, if NO makes an offer, unless it's outrageous, match it. Keep him for this year, and also for next year at the franchise tag number. They can afford it. THEN let him go when he's coming up on 30 years of age.

Sign Mangold.

Trade Garoppolo for a 1st, a 2nd (or 3rd), and a 2018 pick.

Draft: Pass rusher, LB, CB, and power running back (who can be late in the draft).

Sign Osweiler at a minimal contract (he's already gotten his huge payday) to be a backup. I'm not opposed to the Fitz as backup idea though. For minimal dollars.

my dream scenario involves me winning the SB MVP in a lopsided Pat's victory & other stuff but...

I assumed matching a NO offer would involve a multiple year contract? which I'd like to see.

Sign Mangold - gangrene further implodes

Garoppolo garners 12th, 34th & 2018 2nd which we use to draft Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

Dream scenario?
345 Park Ave. Looks like this:

disaster-girl.jpg

Dream Scenario: NFL dissolves the Jets and splits the Pats into two teams. Bill takes Patriots A and Josh and Matt take Patriots B. They draft internally both teams and shore up the rosters with free agents and absorbing the few Jets that deserve a roster spot. Patriots B joins the NFC East and the two teams meet in the Super Bowl.

Dream Scenario:

(1) Pats trade JG to Browns for #1 and #33 overall, and Browns 1st rounder next year
(2) Saints give up #11 to get Butler. Pats select a CB in the draft who is the second coming of Revis, but without the obsession with $$$
(3) JG tears ACL is pre-season and Browns suck again and get #1 overall (which now belongs to Pats)
(4) Pats go 19-0 and win Super Bowl
(5) Pats draft Brady successor in 2018 draft with #1 overall pick from Browns.

Sign Hightower.

Don't trade Butler. In fact, if NO makes an offer, unless it's outrageous, match it. Keep him for this year, and also for next year at the franchise tag number. They can afford it. THEN let him go when he's coming up on 30 years of age.

Sign Mangold.

Trade Garoppolo for a 1st, a 2nd (or 3rd), and a 2018 pick.

Draft: Pass rusher, LB, CB, and power running back (who can be late in the draft).

Sign Osweiler at a minimal contract (he's already gotten his huge payday) to be a backup. I'm not opposed to the Fitz as backup idea though. For minimal dollars.

TOTALLY agree with keeping Butler staying for one more season under the tender.

Disagree with trading Garoppolo

Please keep Osweiler and Fitzpatrick away from my team :)

well at some point Brady should consider the risk to his elder years by continuing to play.......if he wins this year, what does he really have left to prove? Does his greatness have to include walking around in pain like Joe Montana?
I believe him that he genuinely loves playing, and apart from his family dedicates his life to keeping himself in condition to be QB of the Patriots. I also think that whatever he is doing physically, he will not (or at least, he believes he will not) be in the same condition as other players when he's older. Anyway...

I'd like to see him play as long as he wants, even if that means he "sucks" the last year. That being said, if they went 19-0 this year and completed a 2nd 3 (in 4 years)peat....going out like that would be pretty boss. But he'd probably just want the first real 3-peat.

I don't think BB has employed a vet backup QB since Testeverde and Flutie were still in the league.

(not counting all the guys who were drafted/UDFA originally by the Pats and stayed for more than a year)

2 more super bowls before BB and brady retire.

I believe him that he genuinely loves playing, and apart from his family dedicates his life to keeping himself in condition to be QB of the Patriots. I also think that whatever he is doing physically, he will not (or at least, he believes he will not) be in the same condition as other players when he's older. Anyway...

I'd like to see him play as long as he wants, even if that means he "sucks" the last year. That being said, if they went 19-0 this year and completed a 2nd 3 (in 4 years)peat....going out like that would be pretty boss. But he'd probably just want the first real 3-peat.

one good hit is all it takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back