PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake Maye would be the IDEAL pick for the Patriots at #3

i used my first baseman's mitt as a goalie glove.

Yeah. We just used our baseball glove

I was just about to edit my post to include this! In most cases they were regular infielder/outfielder gloves, but if you could ever borrow one of them, the first baseman’s glove was the best!

Those were the days Phil and Cashman and Hodgie…great line
The Stanfield, Pie McKenzie, and Chief Bucyk line was pretty good too, as was the 3rd line with Sanderson, Carleton, and Westfall. The Turk was my favorite guy on the team other than the GOAT. Too bad if all went up his nose but his style of play and attitude were something else. I always asked for 16 on the teams I played on, even in my old fart softball days.

Last edited:
Those were the days when sports were mostly unstructured fun. Everyone played, even the kids that stunk, because you needed to have enough players to play. Street hockey, baseball, football, basket ball, anything that was a fun way to spend the day.

The Stanfield, Pie McKenzie, and Chief Bucyk line was pretty good too, as was the 3rd line with Sanderson, Carleton, and Westfall. The Turk was my favorite guy on the team other than the GOAT. Too bad if all went up his nose but his style of play and attitude were something else.
i loved sanderson on the pk team. that was one of his fortes.

I think Pats are taking Maye at 3 if he is there.
If Daniel’s is there im not sure what the Pats will do.

The Stanfield, Pie McKenzie, and Chief Bucyk line was pretty good too, as was the 3rd line with Sanderson, Carleton, and Westfall. The Turk was my favorite guy on the team other than the GOAT. Too bad if all went up his nose but his style of play and attitude were something else. I always asked for 16 on the teams I played on, even in my old fart softball days.
I did like cheesy also. Who do you think was the best fighter? Both Cashman and Hodge usually beat the crap out of anyone they fought

I remember my brother & I receiving our first Phil & Tony Esposito street hockey gear for Christmas 1970… Good times, good times…
Phil showed up at the Leominster Dekhockey rink a few times - that’s where it all began.

I grew up about a mile from the Mylec factory. I played for years and years.

I did like cheesy also. Who do you think was the best fighter? Both Cashman and Hodge usually beat the crap out of anyone they fought
Cashman without a doubt. Carleton was a big mean dude also. Ted Green would have been another on that team but the stick fight with Maki happened that preseason and that was it for him.

i think they'll be happy with either one. both have the potential to be franchise qbs at least in my lightly informed opinion. i've been rooting for the pats since bob dee, earthquake hunt, art graham and larry eisenhower and i'm hoping for either one.

I wonder who is going to take on the Zach Wilson reclamation project. He lost a lot of confidence with the Jets.

I see Zach’s problem a little different. Zach had total confidence in his ability, but his ability was never up to the confidence he had in it. So his mind said” I will just fire it right into that non existent window, “ and the defensive back said” I’m just going to take that really stupid throw to the house.” Defensive back-1, Zach’s confidence -0. This happened a lot.

I see Zach’s problem a little different. Zach had total confidence in his ability, but his ability was never up to the confidence he had in it. So his mind said” I will just fire it right into that non existent window, “ and the defensive back said” I’m just going to take that really stupid throw to the house.” Defensive back-1, Zach’s confidence -0. This happened a lot.
He couldn't make short throws, totally inaccurate. Left him no safe out. His Football IQ is also not NFL quality. He should stick to being a MILF's Cabana boy.

He'll be there. However you feel about him, Adam Schefter mostly gets stuff right, and particularly the way he said Washington is taking Daniels, pretty much acknowledging the league didn't want anyone saying that because they like to keep the mystery going, had the ring of truth to me

i loved sanderson on the pk team. that was one of his fortes.

Turk was the Master of the Sweep Check!

Damn good fighter in his own right too.

The trading of Ken Dryden & the arrival of the WHA killed what should’ve been a 5-time Cup-winning Dynasty during the 1970s.

I think they take Daniels or McCarthy but Iam wary on whether they would want Daniels. Something stuck with me that McAdoo said related to Sam Darnold:

"I’d just have a hard time drafting a guy in the first round where you don’t necessarily like the way he throws.

“He can overcome it, guys have, but that’s something that’s a challenge for me. I’m gonna be looking at that, trying to fix it, because it’s a fundamental flaw, and I believe in the fundamentals. The quarterback, his No. 1 job is to pass the football. If I don’t like the way he throws the ball, I have a hard time picking him, right?’’

Have to wonder if Daniels is the worst thrower of the top 4? Weakest arm probably?
Makes me wonder if they'd want Daniels based on that quote but not sure how they are analyzing the top 4 QB's overall ability to throw.

have you guys seen this video? yikes maye was awful.

You can do that to many prospects. Josh Allen’s accuracy coming into the NFL was atrocious, and now he’s a great QB.

I think they take Daniels or McCarthy but Iam wary on whether they would want Daniels. Something stuck with me that McAdoo said related to Sam Darnold:

"I’d just have a hard time drafting a guy in the first round where you don’t necessarily like the way he throws.

“He can overcome it, guys have, but that’s something that’s a challenge for me. I’m gonna be looking at that, trying to fix it, because it’s a fundamental flaw, and I believe in the fundamentals. The quarterback, his No. 1 job is to pass the football. If I don’t like the way he throws the ball, I have a hard time picking him, right?’’

Have to wonder if Daniels is the worst thrower of the top 4? Weakest arm probably?
Makes me wonder if they'd want Daniels based on that quote but not sure how they are analyzing the top 4 QB's overall ability to throw.
I saw that before and thought well duh I never thought they had a issue with any of the top 5 QBs passing the ball.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back