PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drake Maye would be the IDEAL pick for the Patriots at #3

I don't buy this.

I'd be stunned if they trade back short of getting the biggest draft steal in NFL history.

If Minnesota only wants to give up two first rounders instead of one...cool. All they need to do is add Jefferson to the deal. Otherwise, it should be a no go!!
I’ve been outspoken on this as well. I want their first 1st, Jefferson and 1 next year. Anything other than that is a epic steal for Minnesota and makes the Pats look the fool.

Can you imagine if the QB they select ends up great and Pats squander those picks? It would be Jerry Rice x 10 again.

Make it simple. Identify your QB and make the pick at 3 If not, collect the Kings ransom which includes nothing less than Jefferson and 2 1’s. Not some garbage deal these mediots are proposing.

11 patriots pick Nix (or perhaps even Penix)
23 patriots pick Guyton or Mims (or another LT)
and we still have an extra 2025 first
=========
This is not nearly enough if we don't think that Nix or Penix are our QB of the future.

Don't take either of those two at #11; keep trading down into the 20s - Think of the haul! - THEN take Bo Nix and NOT Penix.

Or, with one of the acquired picks, take Spencer Rattler in the 3rd round.

Don't take either of those two at #11; keep trading down into the 20s - Think of the haul! - THEN take Bo Nix and NOT Penix.

- I had to smoke a lot of doob to read this safely…
“Don't take either of those two at #11; keep trading down into the 20s - Think of the haul! - THEN take Bo Nix and NOT Penix.”

- Jamaica doesn’t have enough doob for this to be ok…
“Or, with one of the acquired picks, take Spencer Rattler in the 3rd round.”

Changing thread title to “Ideal AVILABLE pick at 3”

Daniels is ideal pick but will be gone

His pro day yesterday changed my mind. I think he will be a star

Changing thread title to “Ideal AVILABLE pick at 3”

Daniels is ideal pick but will be gone

His pro day yesterday changed my mind. I think he will be a star
It is extremely unlikely that Williams or Daniels will be available at 3. Williams seems more likely to be available than Daniels. BTW, coingrats to Daniels and his agent for their handling of decisions surrounding the off-season.

Listed at 175 weighs in at 210?

Imagine throwing darts with a bladder ready to burst at the seems. :rofl:
pee dancing GIF

Look for Pats to spread buzz today about Maye’s pro day workout being amazing, spectacular and incredible in attempt to get Commanders to pass on Daniels and or boost trade value of 3

- I had to smoke a lot of doob to read this safely…
“Don't take either of those two at #11; keep trading down into the 20s - Think of the haul! - THEN take Bo Nix and NOT Penix.”

- Jamaica doesn’t have enough doob for this to be ok…
“Or, with one of the acquired picks, take Spencer Rattler in the 3rd round.”

Hop on the Mass Pike to Wuhstah and check out the Mayflower store... They got the cure what ails ya...

He should be available day 3 unless some team panics.

Although if you're taking a developmental day 3 QB, you may as well take Joe Milton, and try to teach him how to read a defense.

Rattler is 6' nothing, not very ideal.

Did anyone see or hear about Maye's pro day?

Ask and you shall receive.

I think we're in a pretty good position. Maye & Daniels are both worthy of being top-5 picks. Prototype size and modern mobility.
But as always - it'll be a crapshoot for which one does better in the NFL.
So, whichever one is at 3, I say we take him. And this time, develop him with patience and don't start him right away.
Also - Kraft needs to be patient with Mayo & AVP. No matter what, give them 2 full years of continuity to show what direction its all heading.

While Maye is brimming with raw talent, it's hard to think of passing on the potential of Herbert/Allen-talent.
Daniels may be more ready to play right now, and his slippery running is alluring too.

Which one would be better suited to play in the NE, and be most durable for 10+ years?

Drake had some really good throws a couple meh ones. Better than Daniel's pro day but not as impressive as McCarthy's.

Right now, I like Maye out of the three. Too many questions with McCarthy

Drake had some really good throws a couple meh ones. Better than Daniel's pro day but not as impressive as McCarthy's.

Right now, I like Maye out of the three. Too many questions with McCarthy
Maye will be the best QB of this class. McCarthy is Zack Wilson 2.0

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes