PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft board appreciation thread

Hammer of Thor

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

Now that the dust is settled and the 2016 draft is behind us, I wanted to post a thread in recognition of all of you who've worked so hard to keep this forum going this past year. I know many of you have put in countless, thankless hours watching tape and writing up reports on hundreds of prospects, and it often went unrecognized because of Goodell's pig-headed decision to remove the 1st rounder and ruin the fun for a lot of people. @manxman2601 @midwestpatsfan @reamer pop into my head immediately, but I know there are others I'm forgetting. Glad to see that some of your binkies were taken, while at the same time I'm sure it's frustrating that with all the hours spent, Belichick still manages to draft players that were never scouted here!

I wanted to thank you for your time at making this a fun, informative, welcoming place to be. I don't have the time, or frankly the skill, to be doing all that you do, so I really appreciate all these scouting reports, write-ups, projections, etc. Looking forward to seeing how this class plays on the field, and looking forward to starting this process again in 2017, where we essentially have our full allotment of draft picks again (at least for now!).

Thanks for the kind words! Manx and Midwest definitely put in more effort than I do, but I try to add some value to the discussions. I appreciate the kudos.

Too bad Mayoclinic and Box of rocks don't post anymore. I always looked forward to their input and valuable analysis. Perhaps one day I'll reach their esteemed heights, but for now I just enjoy the obsessive process of watching players and teams and scribbling notes like a madman. ;)

We're on to 2017.

keep up with this stuff, u guys are fun to read.

Thank you for those kind words. It's been great to have such interesting and intelligent partners such as yourselves to bounce ideas around in this forum. I love the draft forum, the people are smart, interesting and respectful and fun.

Let's keep the forum active all year round because next years class could be a great one.

Just to let you know, I hope to start being more active on twitter this year, work allowing, so if you are on twitter and looking for a follow, @mscaviy2601 would appreciate it :) . It won't affect what I do here though.

I second the words of Manx. Thank you all for taking the time to read my stuff and allowing me to be apart of the discussion. We have so many informed posters on here that I am glad that I can contribute. I am already looking forward to getting a head start on next years class. Figure I better start with QB's, right:)

listen guys, your job is to find us a 3-down big back that wears patriots helmet for years to come.
(you should raise the bar from this year though)
note: he must be available at #32!
then we start signing a petition and send it to HQ before DAY 1

This board has some of the best draft coverage you can find. Period. It is at least the best site for fans when it comes to the draft.

Ill take this one step further...

This board has some of the best FOOTBALL talk on the website period. All football, no petty drama between posters.

Great insight from the best posters on the site.

I agree with all of the above.

It's a damn shame that Bill doesn't read the draft forum; if he had, and had taken its advice, then neither
the steroid-cheating Fivehead nor the Murderer would ever have retired as "winners" and Brady would be
wearing rings on both hands.

i gave you a W because you are part of the success of this board
and it is BB who makes it more interesting (i almost had a heart attack in rd3)
imagine how boring if he would just steal your picks ...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back