PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dontrelle Inman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

6'3". Underrated, IMO, and just entering his prime. I watched a lot of Chargers games last year because of my FF roster. Played well when given the opportunity, due to the Chargers WR injury problems.

"His main thing is he is dependable," quarterback Philip Rivers said. "You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position, to do his job every day. That is what we thought we were getting when we got him from Canada."

Depending upon the cost, of course, I hope that the Pats are interested. "But we neeed DE help blah, blah, blah"....I'd still love to add him.

Last edited:
He's honestly a solid player. An option if the team wants a another steady veteran in the mix.

Inman is an intriguing player, but you can only keep 53 players on a roster, and can only dress 46 on game day. I don't know that the delta in increased performance over whatever player he would replace (presumably Amendola?) would be worth the cost to acquire him. He would only be the 4th or 5th option in the Patriot pass offense. Inman was the second option in San Diego last year, so his numbers would be expected to drop accordingly.

On top of that he's a one-year rental, an unrestricted free agent next spring, which is part of why the Chargers are trying to see if they can get something for him.

I don't see a trade scenario that would make sense for both teams.

I trust the current WR group, but this wouldn't hurt if they don't trust Mitchell/Amendola on the health front.

All comes down to health, just like it always does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back