PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don Banks: Patriots haven't been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would they have to play to be tested?

What team has been tested? Where is that team now?

I saw the Packers play terrible for a number of weeks. The Cowboys couldn't beat the giants. Giants lost 6 games. Wtf

I saw that segment. He wasn't saying that it means the Pats aren't good necessarily.

Brady & Co have beaten all comers save Seattle....a one score loss.....

I would say they have a much stronger and balanced Offense since playing Seattle and their Defense is top ten.....

Guess us Patriot fans will have to watch the mediots eat crow once more....

Who would they have to play to be tested?

What team has been tested? Where is that team now?

I saw the Packers play terrible for a number of weeks. The Cowboys couldn't beat the giants. Giants lost 6 games. Wtf

And the Seahawks defense has looked in shambles since the earl thomas injury.

Tangidiot: "They haven't played anyone as good as Dallas, SEATTLE, maybe the Giants" after just mentioning they lost to Seattle. Um, hello? I hate these guys. No they didn't play Dallas. Neither did the Chiefs (but no one mentions that). Steelers did... and lost. And Giants? Really?

There aren't any dominant teams in the NFL this year. Even Dallas lost twice to the Giants and have a few cracks. Seattle has looked shaky down the stretch. There's just not any really 'tough' teams, I'd even argue Dallas isn't what they are made out to be.

Fact is, we played a very competitive game against Seattle and beat Denver in Denver, which is always tough, what was the #1 defense with Balt, twice against the playoff bound Dolphins. It's not their fault that Arizona ended up being trash this year.

Hell, let's play this game with Dallas. What amazing team's have they played? Green Bay is probably the best they've faced, of course that was when GB was a wreck. Outside of that it's the Steelers and whole bunch of mediocre or bad teams, none of which are really any different than what the Pats faced. I'll give an edge to them with Dolphins vs Giants, but where are all the teams that make Dallas such a 'tested' team?
It's all ********. There just aren't many great teams in the NFL this year. Period.

And I've also been sick of hearing how the AFCE is a joke, blah blah blah. I finally heard them analyze this myth on the radio today. Guess which division has the highest win %, both overall and outside of the division... AFCE. Yep. But wait... it's just due to all the 12+ win Patriots seasons! There's no other dominant team in the AFCE!!!!! So I guess the 7 straight years the Colts won at least 12 games doesn't count then for their division, right? Of course they had to fight with another dominant team in their division, right? I mean, Ten challenged the Colts a whole, what, two total seasons? Then what Jax? Houston? lol

The same can be said about every division. Our media is such a bunch of hacks.

Anyone remember the 2013 Seahawks and that incredibly weak schedule they had? The exact same thing was said about them. People were picking Denver to beat them in SB48 because Seattle's defense "hadn't been tested" and they were going up against a record breaking offense.

Sometimes, too much is made about the strength of schedule. That's the most recent example, but I'm sure I could come up with more if I felt like it.

Who the fook is that guy

Remember when the ravens-broncos stretch was going to be deciding? And they beat both teams...now the goal posts move..

Agreed. Further, the Patriots went 8-0 on the road. I don't care what 8 NFL teams you are up against, to win all 8 games on the road is a test in itself. So much so we may never see the Patriots go 8-0 on the road again for many years (even in years we win the SB yet again :)). Winning all 8 road games is a major testament to preparedness, mental ability, singular focus on winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe