PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins snatching Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooo! I hate it.

Nfl.com says 2 years, $12MM. Last pay day he'll receive and he's already got two rings from three super bowl runs. Not a bad life.

$8.3 in guarantees......

Man at 33 that's a deal you don't pass up

I think this is one of those situations that worked out for both sides. It is nowhere close to an amount the Pats would even think about and nobody can be disappointed at a 33yr slot receiver with a history of injuries to take that offer. It just makes too much sense for both sides to move on like that..

With his history a conditional 3rd is too high
His history is precisely why it's conditional. If he's clean for just 1 year, a 3rd rounder for a player of his caliber is a steal. Suspension? Turns into a 7th. Something like that.

SIT WHERE?
You have got to be kidding! They have lost their mind. What are they thinking? It has been five weeks since the SUPERBOWL and the Pats have been resigning players for special teams???????????? How do you let Amendola go? Probably the best clutch receiver on the team? OMG They will probably lose LT Solder with what replacement? And CB Butler might sign with Matt Patricia in Detroit. I hear everyone say how Brady will fall off a cliff soon. I think Belechek already has. I have followed the PATS for 15 years and by far this has to be one of the most disfunctional off seasons.

You would fit in well in the gameday threads Rondo...

I think this is one of those situations that worked out for both sides. It is nowhere close to an amount the Pats would even think about and nobody can be disappointed at a 33yr slot receiver with a history of injuries to take that offer. It just makes too much sense for both sides to move on like that..
Yep.

I hope Tanny doesn't get him killed

OK, who else has already Googled "2018 NFL Combine Wide Receiver 3-Cone Drill"????

Best of luck, DA... 14 times a year.

Maybe just draft whatever short white guy coming out of Texas Tech?

Some comments on the comments:

1. Amendola has been a clutch playoff performer over the last 3 years. Of that there is no doubt. But the fact of the matter is that during the 5 regular seasons he was with the Pats, he never topped 670 yds or 11 ypc, and his top year, 660 came in a year where BOTH Edelman and Mitchell didn't play a game.

I love DA as much as the next guy. I have been a consistent defender of him in his first 3 years where the majority of fans here would have had him out the door if they had the chance. But the fact is the production we got will be readily replaceable even if we don't add a single additional WR.

Face it, the guy is now 32 and will turn 33 this November. With BOTH Edelman and Mitchell coming back, his snap count was going down significantly as well as his role. Our hearts would have liked to see him get paid for his postseason performances, but fortunately, the guy who makes the decisions uses his head.

2. Given the Pats' cap situation, going over 4MM for DA's contribution would have been excessive for 2018. That's just my opinion of course.

3. I think we can make the inference that it is likely the Pats are happy with the recoveries of BOTH Edelman and Mitchell. Otherwise, they'd have never let DA go.

4. Miami is a great landing spot for DA to end his career. From what I understand, fashion is where his post-NFL career is headed, and next to NYC and LA, Miami is a big fashion center.

5. As for the rest of our FA's, the Pats have NEVER been afraid to let their FA's go out and test the market. The fact is that BB/Casserio usually have had excellent reads on what the market should bring. They were right about Welker and Bennet off the top of my head. Both didn't get nearly what they thought they'd get on the open market. Unfortunately, both were replaced before they found out.

6. Solder is the one guy I'm hoping returns. It's not so much that I don't think he can be adequately replaced. It's just that I love the continuity the OL currently has going. I'd give him what he wants but only for 2 years of real money. By then Garcia should be ready, IF he is really as good as they say.

His history is precisely why it's conditional. If he's clean for just 1 year, a 3rd rounder for a player of his caliber is a steal. Suspension? Turns into a 7th. Something like that.
Clean is not the same thing as performance.

If he was coming off his 2013 year I would agree with your proposal.

Hey sincere thank you to Danny amendola For everything he did as a patriot… One of the most clutch receivers that we have ever had… Sucks that he is going to the doofins.....Hope it’s for a lot of money because Tannehill Won’t protect him the way Brady did… I don’t for see him making it through the whole season next year because they will hang him out Over the middle...!

Clean is not the same thing as performance.

If he was coming off his 2013 year I would agree with your proposal.
Did you see his first game back last year? After not playing since 2014? Back like he never left.

With Deshone Kizer as his QB.

Did you see his first game back last year? After not playing since 2014? Back like he never left.
Sorry. Not for a 3rd rounder.

Amendola outside of the playoffs is a 4th or 5th option and not worth any significant money.

He's as clutch as they come in the playoffs but they aren't going to pay a guy based on a handful of games a year.

His track record as a full time player is his body can't handle it and he gets hurt which is why he's not used much during the regular season and his body will struggle to hold up as a Landry replacement in Miami.

Get out of here with your facts and sound reasoning! We've got wounds to lick.

No way in hell I'd pay Amendola $12 million for 2 years. Love the guy to death but that's completely excessive for a 4th WR and they have more pressing needs. It's great for him though, he'll get to take it easy in Miami and enjoy the nice weather and the lack of state tax on his income too. Maybe after 2 years of lesser production he can come back on the cheap to be depth here again but if not, I wish him the best!

Maybe amendola is sick of playing on that garbage turf surface down at Jonathan City

Brit is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh whatever, but Edelman/Cooks/Hogan/Mitchell is a nice core group. I'm not happy to see DA go, but some losses like that are inevitable every offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents