PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins snatching Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you really blame the guy? I mean he poured his guts out there for the Pats, and d1ckhead Belichick, the stingy GM he is, kept on forcing him to take cuts.
Enoug is enough. I hate to see him go, but I can't blame the guy.

Be good 'Dola, thanks for everything!
Give me a break. Half this board had him cut every year since his first.

Britt - sucks
Dorsett - sucks
Edelman - injury prone
Hogan - good
Mitchell - injury prone
Lots to be excited about
Hawt taek dude. Stupid, but hawt.

If Gronk retires the playoffs are not a guarantee. This team is already gutted.
Brady guarantees them a playoff spot. What Belichick does with the rest of the roster will determine how well they do. Particularly the defense.

Is it time yet to start a Amendola sucks thread?

The ‘Dola was a special player. He could go games where he didn’t do much, where I’m sure the coaching staff was saving him, and then when you needed a big play the ‘Dola would be in and make it. His playoff performances will be legendary. I hope he gets a red jacket from the Pats one day.

The ‘Dola was a special player. He could go games where he didn’t do much, where I’m sure the coaching staff was saving him, and then when you needed a big play the ‘Dola would be in and make it. His playoff performances will be legendary. I hope he gets a red jacket from the Pats one day.

I’m sure he will get that red jacket. If he don’t then I’d be confused

Dorsett might not even make the team. He, Britt and Slater aren't half the player Amendola is and Mitchell, if he makes it through training camp will be injured by week 4. Not to mention we could lose Gronk. Most clutch WR on the team gone. Most likely over peanuts. Typical Bill. He's incapable of change or introspection. He just does what he does like a robot. Why we won nothing from 05 to 14.

We have morphed into a more vertical and perimeter offense the last two seasons. Dorsett has the talent and I think year two in our system, he could make a jump. Not to mention Cooks in year two too. Then there's Hogan who likely will pick up Dola's production and Mitchell who is killer along the perimeter. Oh, we ain't even mentioned Edelman too. And Slater is probably one of the five most important Patriots we have......

As for '05-'14, we went above .500 every season, made the playoffs 9x, won the division 9x, went 1-1 in the WC round, went 6-2 in the divisional round, went 3-3 in AFC title games, went 1-2 in Super Bowls..... jeez....take away the Champ Bailey pick six for a touchback in '05, Troy Brown's strip in '06, Ellis Hobbs' phantom PI call in '06, Tyree catch in '07, Pollard hitting Brady's knee in '08 (we lost divison on the 3rd tie breaker for the 2nd time in the BB era!), Welker blowing out his knee in Houston in. '09 (no way do we get blown out at home in the WC round without Welker), Pat Chung not calling that fake punt in '10, Brady throwing the ball or Welker catching it in '11, not losing Gronk or letting Anquan Boldin get open repeatedly in the second half of the AFC title game in '12, not re-breaking Gronk's foresrm in the divisional round in '13.....and etc.....

We have been close to perfection...a bad season in NE is to lose the conference title game!!! And there have only been 104 such games in NFL SB history with 208 participants. The Patriots franchise under BB has appeared in 12 games! Child, please!!!

But wouldn't a carport be preferable in southern Florida? What I'm wondering is where @Patjew will be lurking now. (Do you have family in Miami, PJ?)

Not during hurricane season. o_O

Scouting our wr corps:

Cooks- dynamic talent. Does not run a complete route tree and hyperventilates when running routes inside the numbers.

Hogan - good route runner. But not sudden and not fast.

Mitchell - don’t know. He missed All last year with his 40th knee injury!

Edelman - best slot receiver in the nfl pre injury. His game is not about speed but suddenness, do he should be fine next season.

Britt - unknown. But bb had to see something last season in order to re-up him.

Dorsett - empty suit. Waste of a roster spot.

Barring an unforeseen free agent signing, looks like bb is set up to bring in the next slot receiver. I doubt it is a high draft pick. But the kid from Texas tech, as a day 3 pick would make a nice addition!

Scouting our wr corps:

Cooks- dynamic talent. Does not run a complete route tree and hyperventilates when running routes inside the numbers.

Hogan - good route runner. But not sudden and not fast.

Mitchell - don’t know. He missed All last year with his 40th knee injury!

Edelman - best slot receiver in the nfl pre injury. His game is not about speed but suddenness, do he should be fine next season.

Barring an unforeseen free agent signing, looks like bb is set up to bring in the next slot receiver. I doubt it is a high draft pick. But the kid from Texas tech, as a day 3 pick would make a nice addition!
Texas Tech has produced some slot receivers fer sure

If Gronk retires the playoffs are not a guarantee. This team is already gutted.

One of the worst defenses in the league just got worse. Or at the very least, it's a wash if Hightower can stay healthy for once. The offense would take a big step back without a legit lead back and no Gronk. The arrogance of some Pats fans is amazing.

Scouting our wr corps:

And yet, all reports say the coaching staff loves him. Fancy that. It's almost as though they're the ones who around these guys all the time and know what the do bring or can bring to the table.

Not during hurricane season. o_O
Do hurricanes discriminate between carports and garages? At least from a carport, you can evacuate quicker. :cool:

One of the worst defenses in the league just got worse. Or at the very least, it's a wash if Hightower can stay healthy for once.
How? You mean due to the loss of Butler, alone? Looking at all three levels:

They brought in Shelton and Valentine is returning for the upcoming year. A draft pick or FA signing is likely.

HT is returning. Our first pick in last year’s draft, Rivers, is returning. McClellan is returning. A draft pick + possible free agent signing is likely.

Gilmore looked like a stud, and J.Jones proved to be at least serviceable. C.Jones is returning for another shot. While I’ve never been sold on Rowe, he at the very least provides some depth and competition. The coaches and scouts are high on Lewis, so he’ll be thrown into the mix. You’ll have a healthy McCourty, Harmon, and Chung on the back end. Again, at least 1-2 additions will be made to the secondary via the draft and free agency.

I just have a hard time envisioning a defense that could be worse when last year’s gave up the 29th most yards, had the worst run defense in the Belichick era, and saw the season bookended by two 40+ performances.

There are some question marks like most years, but let’s reassess after the FA period + the draft.

I don’t know how many times we’ve had crappy depth during the summer behind our main 3-4 guys, but this at least gives these two a chance to show something in OTAs, camp, preseason, etc. We know that they both have some raw talent and some type of knowledge of the system. Personally, I’m not sure how much hope I have for either of them myself, but let’s see how they progress with a full offseason under their belts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore