PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Bill O'Brien freak out again Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on there pal... TB being the boss wasn't my words, that came from a former Superbowl winning coach Brian Billick who was a pretty hard nosed coach himself.

And of course TFB admitted that O'Brien was right, that's what team leaders do for the sake of the team. TFB is a lot like Bill Belichick, he knows how to handle a situation... Bill O'Brien, well not so much.

I must have missed that, when was Billick on the Pats? Yeah, he's an offensive minded coach who was on board for the ride of one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL with an offense that couldn't pretend to hold up its weight of the burden.

I'm sure he knows exactly how NE works on the inside.

Or maybe he's not coaching anymore because he thought the players were in charge of the coaches?

Last edited:
I yearn for a dislike button.

Close as we can get...

facebook-dislike-button-most-wanted-in-2011.jpg

My whole thing is if a coach wants to say something then fine but it's the way O'Brien said it. He was yelling uncontrollably! He snapped! I don't even act like that at the tv when O'Brien calls a bad play or has a bad game plan. If you watch the replay of it all you even see BB telling O'Brien to shut up. The argument about a coach treating the star player, the future HOF'er the same as everyone else on the team is fine but not like that. Ever seen O'Brien yell and scream like that at another player? He was an embarrassment to the team acting the way he did.

An interview with Brian Billick sticks in my mind when Brian said you need to know who your boss is and in this case Brady is the boss.

I many not agree with that statement about TB being the boss but it is clear that Brian, as a hard nosed coach, even thinks that O'Brien was out of line.

So you became a Patriots fan after the Weis departure, then?

Hope he doesn't lose his mind again on the sidelines!! Before the game he better check himself before he wrecks himself!

That all depends on whether his star quarterback shows up to start the game or if that star is half asleep for the 1st quarter before waking up and ranting at his receivers for his own screw-ups..

You all must have missed Bill O'Brien last Sunday freak out on the sideline and throw a screaming tantrum at one of the best ever to play the game. My kids never threw a tantrum as bad as O'Briens, the dude lost his mind!!

TFB was coaching up a young receiver who ran a lazy route and and didn't make an effort to go for the ball or even try to knock the ball away.

I don't know what you were watching but Brady was not "coaching up a young receiver who ran a lazy route". Brady was going off on Underwood. What you and Brady both missed was Underwood's jersey being pulled by Kyle Wilson, which allowed Wilson to get position on Underwood.

What you also clearly missed was Brady getting pissed earlier at Welker and Branch when it was clear that Brady made the wrong reads. You also missed the poor throws by Brady.

B'OB was going off on Brady for Brady not taking responsibility for his own actions before going off on someone else. And it is B'OBs job to hold Brady accountable.

Maybe the pass should have never been thrown, maybe it was cool for O'Brien to stick up for the young guy but O'Brien lost control and acted like a little kid, it was embarrassing .

Anyone ever see an OC yell and scream like that to a Manning, Marino, Elway, Montana when they were coaching up a young player? No because you give the great ones a but of respect and handle it differently. Not scream and look like a total idiot who lost his mind on the sidelines. The Patriot way is to give the perception that everything is under control. Clearly O"brien is not under control.

Sorry BOB, Brady will go down as one of the best, the only reason some people will remember Bill O'Brien years from now will be "that guy" who threw a tantrum on the sideline at Tom Brady.

Maybe a Bill O'Brien Kicking and Screaming photoshop would have been better!

Now, you might now be old enough to have seem Montana or Marino or Elway play, but I did. And yes, I saw their coaches or OCs go off on them when they screwed up.. So, this idea that B'OB didn't show Brady respect is just asinine on your part.

What is clear is that you don't know enough about the situation to truly be commenting on it the way you have. Nor do you know enough about the other players you've mentioned to say what they did and did not have to endure during their tenures..

B'OB didn't "throw a tantrum." B'OB took to task a player who needed to be brought down a peg because his play was just as bad as others during the game.

Last edited:
Hold on there pal... TB being the boss wasn't my words, that came from a former Superbowl winning coach Brian Billick who was a pretty hard nosed coach himself.

And of course TFB admitted that O'Brien was right, that's what team leaders do for the sake of the team. TFB is a lot like Bill Belichick, he knows how to handle a situation... Bill O'Brien, well not so much.

Who cares what Brian Billick says? He's not the coach and he sure as hell wasn't on the sidelines for the incident so he doesn't know what happened.. His comments are as worthless as a $3 bill.

That all depends on whether his star quarterback shows up to start the game or if that star is half asleep for the 1st quarter before waking up and ranting at his receivers for his own screw-ups..

Maybe someone should start getting on the nut job O'Brien for not getting Ocho more involved, saying Price was coming along good in practice and that he will be getting more involved.. only to be traded a short time later. Now saying Underwood will be getting more involved which probably means O'Brien will now force Underwood more into the game since he stood up for him, and what about fixing the run game?

O'Brien should worry less about TFB coaching up a young raw WR and more about these things that need fixing. There's no denying it unless you are a relative of O'Briens, the slow starts are just as much his fault as TB's and others on the O.. O'Briens game plans and lack of creativity can be pretty horrible at times. I think O'Brien should start putting his efforts more into these things then worrying what a HOF QB is saying to a inexperienced receiver.

Thought we beat this story to death already,..:deadhorse:

tnx naF, geez

Last edited:
I don't know what you were watching but Brady was not "coaching up a young receiver who ran a lazy route". Brady was going off on Underwood.

I don't believe Brady was "going off" on Underwood. Get real, bub. "Going off" is what O'Brien was doing.

Now, you might now be old enough to have seem Montana or Marino or Elway play, but I did. And yes, I saw their coaches or OCs go off on them when they screwed up.. So, this idea that B'OB didn't show Brady respect is just asinine on your part.

Wrong, I'm pretty sure you never seen an OC go off like O'Brien did on any of those players. Certainly not later on in their HOF career like Brady is at now.

B'OB didn't "throw a tantrum." B'OB took to task a player who needed to be brought down a peg because his play was just as bad as others during the game.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that was a tantrum, only thing missing from a full fledged tantrum was O'Brien jumping up and down in place, something tells me that if BB didn't come over and tell O'Brien to "shut up" (twice) that the jumping up and down part was close to happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back