PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think they Lurk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Not Ron Borges? is probably a definite maybe actually Dan Pires, sources say

Scott and I post on here regularly. I thought that the disguise of a smug, know-nothing, limey liberal with a terrible sense of "humour", would throw you all off the scent. It seems to have worked.
BTW, thanks for all of the suggestions about Tommy's overthrows, from the thread we started. We're working on them as we speak.

Oh, and PWP: Rodney is currently having a "friendly chat" with your ISP, who were so persuaded by his charm that they gave up your address. He'd like to come over for lunch. Don't worry about the invitation. He's on his way over, already.

It is what it is... BB.

QuiGon said:
Bill Belichick..? No way in hell. And ditto for the high levels of the front office. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there are some lower level guys in here cheking things out.
do any of the media reporters post here ? e.g. felger/borges ?

SVN said:
do any of the media reporters post here ? e.g. felger/borges ?
That's a very good question. I have always suspected they lurk because you will occassionally see something written in the NG's then repeated (almost verbatim) in a following day's article. However, IMHO, I doubt they post all that much (if at all). When it's your job to write about and opine about and talk about the Patriots, you probably don't rush home to do the exact same thing in your free time... But then again, they have been known to respond to e-mails so posting here isn't all that much of a leap...

Last edited:
Interesting fact, I post over at the Lone Mavs Fan Forum (HUGE Mavs fan, I cryed during the Finals), and before Mark Cuban bought the team he used to post there, and afterwards he still lurks...we know this is a fact because he actually referred to the site in several of his blogs. I'd be willing to bet he still posts there under a different screen name.

QuiGon said:
That's a very good question. I have always suspected they lurk because you will occassionally see something written in the NG's then repeated (almost verbatim) in a following day's article. However, IMHO, I doubt they post all that much (if at all). When it's your job to write about and opine about and talk about the Patriots, you probably don't rush home to do the exact same thing in your free time... But then again, they have been known to respond to e-mails so posting here isn't all that much of a leap...

It's virtually certain that they all regularly read this forum, as it's actually an interesting source of fresh opinions on the team, as well as an indication of how opinion leading fans are thinking about the team -- and especially what we think of them themselves. Some of them undoubtedly post as well.

"I'm Ron Borges?" is certainly someone in the media, very likely Wrong himself, both because of the quality of his prose style, his mirroring Wrong's agenda, and the obvious fact that he's not a fan of the team. If so, his signature line is quite revealing.

Kasmir said:
It's virtually certain that they all regularly read this forum, as it's actually an interesting source of fresh opinions on the team, as well as an indication of how opinion leading fans are thinking about the team -- and especially what we think of them themselves. Some of them undoubtedly post as well.

"I'm Ron Borges?" is certainly someone in the media, very likely Wrong himself, both because of the quality of his prose style, his mirroring Wrong's agenda, and the obvious fact that he's not a fan of the team. If so, his signature line is quite revealing.
You're 100% right about everything except IRB's true identity. :D

patsacolachick said:
Miguel you have me awfully curious how you are so sure about this..

Because I have gotten emails from immediate family members. I also know that several media members lurk on this board. I know for a fact that Dan Pires does because he has sent me emails commenting about my postings.

gomezcat said:
Oh, and PWP: Rodney is currently having a "friendly chat" with your ISP, who were so persuaded by his charm that they gave up your address. He'd like to come over for lunch. Don't worry about the invitation. He's on his way over, already.

It is what it is... BB.

Just one final (sob!) question...Is, Is All Hell coming with him?!?

PatsWickedPissah said:
Just one final (sob!) question...Is, Is All Hell coming with him?!?
You had to ask?

OK. I'm going to give it up.

I'm really Rodney Harrison.

I think the smart one's lurk around the cheerleaders showers:p
Other than that I hope they have better things too do:cool:

NEM said:
What the hell. As long as everyone is confessing.... I am Bob Kraft, not Charley Weis like so many think. :D
Yes and as you know Dad, I'm Jonathon,your son-
Wher'e's my allowance this week?????
Don't make me call MOM:p

Suppose you were a not-very-talented sports writer who was assigned to cover the Pat's beat. Wouldn't you check out the boards, including this one, for topics that attract a lot of views and replies in order to write on something you know fans are already interested in?

Borges by comparison can make his sports reports interesting because he is a very talented sports writer, in spite of his obvious biases. Also Shalise of the Providence Journal - I will read her sports reports sometimes because she has a flare for sports writing. Reiss by comparison is pretty bad, although I read his blog.

lobster said:
Suppose you were a not-very-talented sports writer who was assigned to cover the Pat's beat. Wouldn't you check out the boards, including this one, for topics that attract a lot of views and replies in order to write on something you know fans are already interested in?

Borges by comparison can make his sports reports interesting because he is a very talented sports writer, in spite of his obvious biases. Also Shalise of the Providence Journal - I will read her sports reports sometimes because she has a flare for sports writing. Reiss by comparison is pretty bad, although I read his blog.

Absolutely-as a sportswriter,I would check out this board,and Honsetly would covert anything's negative,just for an oppposing view.
That sells papers!
However-Borges in my opinion is nothing but a hack.
everybody loves bb-He's going the other way!
everybody wants food for children-He's going the other way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes