PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think New England has a legitimate shot at signing Ed Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotDynasty_12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I see a lot of people on here saying to sign Reed to a 1 year deal and there's no doubt BB has a man-crush on him...however, if Reed wins the Super Bowl this year, no doubt in my mind that he retires. And if he doesn't win it, do you actually think that Reed would turn his back on the city of Baltimore by signing with one of their biggest rivals, the New England Patriots? I give Reed a 10% shot at landing here.

No.

Why would Ed Reed sign with New England? It's not like he's on a bad team and wants to play for a contender. The Ravens are in the Superbowl this year if you haven't noticed.

Also.... Win, Lose, or Draw. I think Ed Reed retires at the end of the year anyway.

I see a lot of people on here saying to sign Reed to a 1 year deal and there's no doubt BB has a man-crush on him...however, if Reed wins the Super Bowl this year, no doubt in my mind that he retires. And if he doesn't win it, do you actually think that Reed would turn his back on the city of Baltimore by signing with one of their biggest rivals, the New England Patriots? I give Reed a 10% shot at landing here.

He'll be 35 next season and has a ton of miles on him. I'd be concerned he really has much left in the tank. Plus, he's a free safety and so is McCourty. What this team needs is a meat-eating strong safety.

I'll say what I said in the other safety thread.

You guys are nuts. Literally insane. Not only is there a better free safety who's supposed to hit the market this year, but he's also ten years younger than Ed Reed. Not only that, but you could steal him from a division rival.

Jairus Byrd is the best free safety in the NFL. Yes. He is.

I just hope your management overlooks Buffalo as much as your fanbase does.

How could that happen? Buffalo is in the division. Along with Miami and New Jersey, they're public enemy No. 1.

You guys are nuts. Literally insane. Not only is there a better free safety who's supposed to hit the market this year, but he's also ten years younger than Ed Reed. Not only that, but you could steal him from a division rival.

So in a thread where most people say no we don't need him or another FS besides the OP, you turn it into a slight against your team

OK.gif

Nope. Had Pats beaten Baltimore and won the super bowl I'd say there was a decent chance. But now he'll either win the super bowl and retire or lose and probably come back with the ravens.

There's definitely a legit shot, but I don't want him. He's a pure FS at this point, and the Pats don't need two centerfield free safeties.

Laron Landry perhaps?

I know the guy has a serious attitude problems, but the dude plays like a truck. He just needs his ***** straightened out. I believe he's a FA at this point as well.

Laron Landry perhaps?

I know the guy has a serious attitude problems, but the dude plays like a truck. He just needs his ***** straightened out. I believe he's a FA at this point as well.

The Patriots had him in last off season and didn't work out a deal with him. What has changed?

Laron Landry perhaps?

Landry wants to get paid, and he's not nearly as good in coverage as people seem to think. And then there's the Achilles injury that scared the Pats away last offseason. Not going to happen.

Landry wants to get paid, and he's not nearly as good in coverage as people seem to think. And then there's the Achilles injury that scared the Pats away last offseason. Not going to happen.

Good points.

So in a thread where most people say no we don't need him or another FS besides the OP, you turn it into a slight against your team

OK.gif

Not how I meant it, but for argument sake, you're saying you'd rather have Mccourty than Byrd? Byrd is not only a great CenterFielder he has elite range and is above average for a safety in coverage. Why wouldn't you want him?

Not how I meant it, but for argument sake, you're saying you'd rather have Mccourty than Byrd? Byrd is not only a great CenterFielder he has elite range and is above average for a safety in coverage. Why wouldn't you want him?
Because McCourty isn't at all a problem at FS. You're suggesting that the Pats fix a problem that they don't have.

Because McCourty isn't at all a problem at FS. You're suggesting that the Pats fix a problem that they don't have.

To play devil's advocate, I would like to see what McCourty can do at CB with someone of his caliber or better playing safety behind him. If you can guarantee me strong safety play, I have no problem with McCourty as a starting corner.

Whether we have a legit shot or not, I don't think we should sign him. He's too old and we need to look toward the future.

absolutely no chance of him coming here. he isn't going anywhere. Just like cruz is going nowhere

The best safety in the league resides in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST