PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady in the back of his mind thought the Bucs could be this bad?

I don’t know. Part of me says yes, but then you have to look at the war of attrition up front on the OL throughout the season, which has been the real thorn in Tampa’s side on offense. Nobody could have expected that.

As far as his “retirement” goes? Occam’s Razor says it was legit, he found out that Gisele was getting her cheeks beat by her BJJ instructor, who likely had an erection he couldn’t hide while they were rolling around on the floor at some point, and said “f.uck it” because he still wanted to play football.

EDIT: @Bella*chick what do you think? Knowing that Gisele is a bit of a hussy, do you think my Occam’s Razor resolution makes sense? Maybe Tom found out that the dude was face f.ucking her at Mach 10 and decided to come back?
I think if Gisele had someone else lined up then the stories of Brady basically having no sex at all during the season to conserve energy are likely true and he’s an awful lay.

The Bucs struggled with all the things the Patriots did on offense for much of the same reasons. Their OL was awful. How many times did Dallas blow up the running back or get immediate pressure on Brady in under a second and a half last night? You have your 45 year old QB forced to throw over 700 passes.

Count me among those who were less than impressed with Patricia but if you watch the Bucs it's not like Leftwich was any more innovative. The OL forced the Bucs just like the Pats to get the ball out super fast and limited what the offense could run. When they had time both Brady and Mac missed throws they shouldn't. That pick by Brady in the first half was inexcusable. The wide receivers didn't help them out either with a lot of drops for both QBs.

Mike Evans hurts his QB more than any "superstar" receiver. He has an unbelievable skillset but he's just football stupid. While not saying Agholor is anywhere near the receiver Evans is it's a similar deal. No mental toughness, doesn't see the defense the way the QB does, doesn't make good adjustments, doesn't go fight for the ball as much as he should. I've been saying this about Evans since before Brady went there. If he had the football smarts of a DHop or Larry Fitzgerald he might have entered the conversation of the Goat with his physical abilities.

Godwin is a better version of Jacobi right now. Hopefully year two he gets his spead back. Nobody is talking about the Pats needing to resign Meyers and he's going to get 4/50 on the open market. I don't know if Bill is going to pay that. So there goes your most reliable option and the guy your QB loves.

Both teams need to fix their OLs above all else. The Bucs will be doing it to usher in the Kyle Trask era.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back