PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you have faith in Jacoby Brissett winning us at least one of the next 2 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Everything is in the thread title.

We already have 2 wins which is what most of us had hoped we'd have after 4 weeks. Well now we are in position to do even better but Jimmy getting hurt throws everything off. I really would love for us to get at least a third win before Brady comes back, and against the Texans and Bills at home I think we should be able to do it.

The defense is gonna have to play better than they did today, full stop.

Yes better chance against the Bills with a longer period to prepare. Jacoby was not bad other than the fumble. The two Edleman drops were because the ball was thrown so hard. He was 6 for 9 so if they were handled he would have been 8 for 9. He had a 100.2 rating. The Defense cracked today and this is the concerning issue.

Last edited:
Yes better chance against the Bills with a longer period to prepare. Jacoby was not bad other than the fumble. The two Edleman drops were because the ball was thrown so hard. He was 6 for 9 so if they were handled he would have been 8 for 9. The Defense cracked today and this is the concerning issue.
We have specualted the defense might have to win a game or two in Brady's absence-Not likely if they play like they did today again.

do i think the new england patriots, with the current roster that is in place and healthy, are capable of winning one of the next two games?

yes

• Agree
Reactions: jah
There is a reason JB is on the team. I think he can do it. Obviously it not gonna be easy. But in BB we trust.

I think he's good.

Yes maybe both.

We have specualted the defense might have to win a game or two in Brady's absence-Not likely if they play like they did today again.
They were good in the 1st half. They seemed to get psyched out when Garropolo went down and it became apparent that they were going to have to carry the game.

I think we win the Bills game with either Brissett or Garoppolo at QB. They're ****ing terrible.

And I think the Texans game is plenty winnable with Brissett. We'll probably be underdogs, and rightly so, but we'll have a good shot. The defense will have to play a whole hell of a lot better than it did today, but if they do their part and Butler can shut down Hopkins (which I think is in play, physically it should be a good matchup for him), there's no reason why the Pats can't win it on Thursday. Brock's been very turnover-prone so far, we'll need to capitalize on that.

They'll run the ball down the Texans throats on Thursday, just like they were doing with Blount last year (10 car, 53 yards thru the first quarter before he got injured)

Allowed 119 yards on 19 carries to the Chiefs today

They were good in the 1st half. They seemed to get psyched out when Garropolo went down and it became apparent that they were going to have to carry the game.

That, and HT was out. Do you remember what the D was like when he was out last year? They seemed to lose a step.

Yes. Or more accurately I have faith in Josh McD to get him ready and to call plays that Brissett can handle. And I have faith in everyone else and all the coaches to pick up the slack.

The way the playcalling changed on a dime, and the skill the O handled everything when JimmyG went down was impressive IMO.

This Thursday will be TOUGH...the D will have to win it IMO. But the Buffalo game he will have time to prepare.

They finish 3-1 when Brady comes back IMO

Useless fact of the year. Pats haven't had 3 different starting QBs since 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back