PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do You Give a Crap About the Lockout?

In honesty, really could careless about the NBA. As NFL IS MY SPORT!

Now that they really are screwing up the season due to their greed I really do not care even more. I hope every NBA fan boycotts the season ... fans should lock them out by not going to the games.

Eh, if they agree on a deal, I'll watch it. But right now I could really care less, even though the Heat > the Celtics. :cool:

i hope they dump the whole year. i want to see a complete restructuring of the league. the celtics window for another banner is completely shut anyway.

I hate the NBA. I used to love it too. In the 80's it was a flowing, passing, fundamentally sound game with talented rosters, and well coached teams. In the 90's it became a boring, physical, 68 point per team scoring snoozefest thanks to the Pistons and Knicks. GROSS. Then in this millenium, it's become an MTV, me me me, drive 1 on 3 to the basket, or heave a 3 pointer type league, filled with fundamentally unsound "athletes" and watered down teams.

Exactly how I feel. Whenever I happen to see a replay of a 1980s game on ESPN Classic it almost makes me want to cry. Such way better basketball.

I don't miss the NBA at all. And even though I'm not a big hockey fan and the NHL isn't perfect, I'd love to see the NBA lose the whole season and the NHL get some new fans and coverage out of it.

**** the NBA. A bunch of millionaires and billionaires crying about 2% during a freaking recession! Life is hard and we don't always get what we want. Cry me a river you ******* babies. I can honestly say that I would not care at all if their was never another NBA game again EVER! If it comes back I personally promise not to watch a single minute of any game this year.

Owners offered a 50/50 split which was more than generous imo. F the players and their union forever. Decertify, lol Like that's gonna help.What a bunch of losers.

The NBA has been dead to me for years anyway. From watching Garnett's laughable post championship interview immediately after the game, to the ridiculous signings of dream teams as of late. Yes we signed a dream team but it was legit full of draft picks and players. Miami players just decided that they weren't going to sign with anyone else but Miami. I asked myself "really? Is this what I've been missing all these years"? they can have it and the image it portrays.

I was apathetic and now I'm hoping for a lost season. Not that I really expect the NHL to gather up wayward NBA fans, but it'd be cool if it happened.

Yep, I hope there is no season this year. Either way I will never watch again.

The first batch of paychecks were scheduled to go out on Nov 15, that day coming and going might lead to some movement. However its been repeatedly reported that Billy Hunter, the union prez, has been counseling the players to expect a long lockout for two years now. So the players have had every opportunity to prepare. Ten years ago Stern said that Jan 7 was the cutoff date for canceling the season. He hasn't gone on the record this time around; but you have to figure he's prolly thinking the same thing this year.

The NHL just isn't enough to carry me through the Football to Baseball gap. I may have to look into UFC or NASCAR or Wrestling:eek:

Last edited:
The first batch of paychecks were scheduled to go out on Nov 15, that day coming and going might lead to some movement. However its been repeatedly reported that Billy Hunter, the union prez, has been counseling the players to expect a long lockout for two years now. So the players have had every opportunity to prepare. Ten years ago Stern said that Jan 7 was the cutoff date for canceling the season. He hasn't gone on the record this time around; but you have to figure he's prolly thinking the same thing this year.

The NHL just isn't enough to carry me through the Football to Baseball gap. I may have to look into UFC or NASCAR or Wrestling:eek:

NCAA basketball is going to be huge this year ...

What a huge mistake by the players and owners ... greedy stupidity by both.

Players rejected the offer on Monday and now it is going to the courts. Looks like no season this year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back