PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you believe Maroney COULD rush for 100+ vs Jets and Miami?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Could Maroney eclipse 100+ yards rushing if that was the gameplan with 25+ carries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

emoney_33

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let's say the Patriots decided to base their gameplan around running the ball, and practiced with that mindset during the week. If they then hand the ball off to Maroney consistently, say 25+ times, do you believe that he could eclipse 100 yards rushing?

I don't think he is going to be used, as the passing game seems to be the teams priority period

Last edited:
Let's say the Patriots decided to base their gameplan around running the ball, and practiced with that mindset during the week. If they then hand the ball off to Maroney consistently, say 25+ times, do you believe that he could eclipse 100 yards rushing?

Why is there no "he will be injured" option?

blizzard sunday.

look for 150 + 3 td's.

it'll be a perfect storm for maroney.

Could? Of course.
WILL he? Unlikely.
Try LISTENING to BB and Brady. If 'retahdid' DCs insist on using run stoping DL formations against us, why WHY shouldn't we pass???

yes.
if the game plan is a run oriented one , and Maroney is given 25+ carries, he will rush for 100 yards or more.

I don't know, how much is 4.2 * 25?

This gets the award for stoopidest thread of the day, BTW.

Last edited:
N0 way, LoMo is teh suxx0rz!!!!11!!111!1!11

Havent you been watching?? He suxx!!!

I don't know, how much is 4.2 * 25?

This gets the award for stoopidest thread of the day, BTW.

Check the other thread with twisted words, then you'll understand

so VJCPatriot, see what i mean? 80% think that he CAN, 65% think that he WON'T.

Check the other thread with twisted words, then you'll understand

You should be proud of the award. There was a lot of competition, just in the Maroney category.:D

I voted yes......but who wouldn't.....100 yards in 2 games against two of the worst teams in the league.....of course he has a good chance of doing it.....I will go out on a limb and say he gets 60 against the Rats and the other 40 against the fish...

I can't believe some of you were answering this like the OP was asking for 100 against each of those teams......who would be that stupid to think he could do that :eek:

r u kidin? agasint miam and jets? if we kept running it, he could get past the 200's in my opinion...easily

I think if he hurts himself he could get another 100 yds in a wheelchair, like people in marathons.

blizzard sunday.

look for 150 + 3 td's.

it'll be a perfect storm for maroney.

I agree, can you say Breakout game. Personally it can't come soon enough to stop all these Maroney posts, also gives the 'pundits' on less thing to harp on. Get ready for 2 TEs (one of them being O'Callaghan).

Last edited:
realistically this total should have been more like if he runs the ball 18-22 times, as that's about the amount of carries I'd expect it to take him, and the one time he wen't over 100 yards earlier in the season, the Patriots gave him the ball 19 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back