PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we want Steelers out of playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
If Baltimore wins out they will win their division. The Steelers or Dolphins could be 6th seed (If 6th seed advances #1 seed gets them in Divisional) If at 13-2 we have the 1 seed clinched, do we consider resting eveyone and not going all out against Miami? (Not trying to lose, but not too upset if we don't win)

If Pittsburgh is the number 6 seed, I see them advancing, so they would be our first play off game assuming we get the 1 seed. Just asking your thoughts... I normally hate thinking about losing to adjust your opponents, but I would not want to see them in the Divisional.

I know there are other possibilites happening in reality, I understand that, BUT if this was the situation... (we have the 1 seed at 13-2, we beat Dolphins, Pitt gets in at 6, or we lose, Dolphins get in at 6.) What do you think?

At this point I trust our defense to the point were I'm confident they can perform well against any offense in the AFC

OK. But wouldn't you rather have either the Dolphins or the Texans or worse case Oakland as our first opponent? (Which is who it would be in that scenario.. It would not be Balt until AFCCG under this scenario, and obviously could not be the 2 seed)

I have the strongest irrational fear of the Steelers than of any other AFC team at this point, because of their offensive playmakers. So yeah, I want them out. But in general I agree with BK12 above.

I frankly hope the AFC South winner loses it's first playoff game, so the 2 seed is not handed a layup. (unless we are the 2 seed of course)

I think this is only actually possible if the Chiefs and Oakland lose some more games, because their last game of the year is likely later than ours is.

If Baltimore wins out they will win their division. The Steelers or Dolphins could be 6th seed (If 6th seed advances #1 seed gets them in Divisional) If at 13-2 we have the 1 seed clinched, do we consider resting eveyone and not going all out against Miami? (Not trying to lose, but not too upset if we don't win)

If Pittsburgh is the number 6 seed, I see them advancing, so they would be our first play off game assuming we get the 1 seed. Just asking your thoughts... I normally hate thinking about losing to adjust your opponents, but I would not want to see them in the Divisional.

I know there are other possibilites happening in reality, I understand that, BUT if this was the situation... (we have the 1 seed at 13-2, we beat Dolphins, Pitt gets in at 6, or we lose, Dolphins get in at 6.) What do you think?

Baltimore will not win out BB last night showed a blue print for Check Down Joe.

Yes! Don't want to play against Brown/Bell...

Yes, although the Pats may have just stamped their ticket last night. A healthy Steelers squad and KC are the two biggest threats in the AFC.

OK. But wouldn't you rather have either the Dolphins or the Texans or worse case Oakland as our first opponent? (Which is who it would be in that scenario.. It would not be Balt until AFCCG under this scenario, and obviously could not be the 2 seed)

I'd take the easier opponent for the divisional and a little battle for the AFC title game to get our teams mental toughness sharp for the Super Bowl well actually won't really matter cause we blew the colts out and won the super bowl

Pats on paper are the best team in the AFC. Most of this is the Pats, and some is the mediocrity around the conference.

It's other teams that should want us out, not the other way around.

Out of all AFC teams I'd like to avoid the Steelers the most because they have the most explosive, big play potential on the offense. The thing with the Steelers is that we have to emphasize that it is potential we are talking about because you just don't know which Steelers team shows up for the game.

The Raiders also have a potent offense but they lack the post season/big game experience to make me worried.

With all other teams I am not particularly worried because their lack of explosive offense means that unless we play a turnover-happy game 20-23 points could be enough to win the game. And after the Seahawks and Ravens game I trust this iteration of the Patriots offense to score 25+ on anyone.

Steelers will be the 3 seed. Ravens and Broncos are going to be on the outside looking in UNLESS the Dolphins can't overcome the injury to Tannehill even though they have the Jets who are a hot mess playing a rookie QB, the Bills who have a lame duck coach and players who are starting to tune him out and a Patriot team that could possibly already have zero to play for.

Yes, although the Pats may have just stamped their ticket last night. A healthy Steelers squad and KC are the two biggest threats in the AFC.

right we kind of helped their cause last night!

We need HFA, and to simply being playing great. Fix the return game, and clean things up last night would have been a blow out.

Steelers will be the 3 seed. Ravens and Broncos are going to be on the outside looking in UNLESS the Dolphins can't overcome the injury to Tannehill even though they have the Jets who are a hot mess playing a rookie QB, the Bills who have a lame duck coach and players who are starting to tune him out and a Patriot team that could possibly already have zero to play for.
Well if they are the 3, and we are the 1, unless we could not see them til the AFCCG

Pats on paper are the best team in the AFC. Most of this is the Pats, and some is the mediocrity around the conference.

It's other teams that should want us out, not the other way around.
right, I am talking about us being the favorites obviously. We are not going to be out, but the Steelers still could get knocked out. If they are not knocked out I want them to be the 3 (provided we are the 1)

Every scenario presents a problem.

KC played us tough last year. In Arrowhead would be a challenge.

OAK home or road is a challenge. Depending on Carr's pinkie they have a helluva offense

BAL is BAL. They could be 0-14 and still give us problems.

DEN has a strong D.

MIA is a division opponent. Never a pushover really.

Squealers are playing real well now. They've won 4 in a row and their D is playing better.

Their offense is very capable of scoring 3-4 TDs on our D.

If the NEP don't figure out how to hang on to the football it won't matter who we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe