PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we know anything at all about Brian Belichick?

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Belichick's older son Steve is getting a bit of exposure now, and seems to be doing a decent job as a defensive coach. His brother, Brian, also now coaches for the Patriots but we know practically nothing about him other that when Steve moved to Linebackers coach,, Brian took Steve's old job as the Safeties coach.

Thing is, it's pretty obvious that DMac is the real Safeties coach right now. When you've got one of those veteran leader types on your unit it's hard to evaluate the coach, because a lot of the real leadership in the unit is coming from the veteran.

Still, it's hard to argue that Safeties are anything other than a strength of our secondary unit right now. And not just because of DMac

So have we seen anything about this guy that might allow us to form an opinion of who and what he is? Or is it just too soon to evaluate a new coach?

if we haven’t heard about him at all it’s obvious he’s being groomed to replace Ernie Adams

He may not even be there. Just collecting a check. Keep winning and we won't look into it lol.

I can tell you who his dad is.

He may not even be there. Just collecting a check. Keep winning and we won't look into it lol.
No he's there. Like I said, he's the safeties coach. I've seen a guy I think is him on the sidelines a couple times picking McCourty's brain. But I'm just curious about him since he's a son of The Goat and we really know next to nothing about him

I was joking, but it is weird that he isn't even mentioned considering his father is legendary.

Belichick's older son Steve is getting a bit of exposure now, and seems to be doing a decent job as a defensive coach. His brother, Brian, also now coaches for the Patriots but we know practically nothing about him other that when Steve moved to Linebackers coach,, Brian took Steve's old job as the Safeties coach.

Thing is, it's pretty obvious that DMac is the real Safeties coach right now. When you've got one of those veteran leader types on your unit it's hard to evaluate the coach, because a lot of the real leadership in the unit is coming from the veteran.

Still, it's hard to argue that Safeties are anything other than a strength of our secondary unit right now. And not just because of DMac

So have we seen anything about this guy that might allow us to form an opinion of who and what he is? Or is it just too soon to evaluate a new coach?
He likes white russians.

I believe he operates the snow and signal jamming machines.

It's WAY too early to say anything about brian. Almost no history or proven anything.

On the other hand I already planted the flag several weeks ago and will staunchly defend that Steve Belichick is a GREAT defensive coordinator.

No he's there. Like I said, he's the safeties coach. I've seen a guy I think is him on the sidelines a couple times picking McCourty's brain. But I'm just curious about him since he's a son of The Goat and we really know next to nothing about him
Here is what we knew about Brian Bellichick

a. He has spend a few years as a quality control coach. That's a position where you LEARN to break down film the way Bill wants you to break it down. To put it in perspective, it might take you an hour or so to break down ONE play correctly. Mostly you break down future Pats' opponents and college film for the draft evaluators.... AND you get coffee, pick up people at the airport, and whatever else they tell you to do.

b. Now after 3 or 4 years of that, he's worked his way up to being an assistant DB's coach, coaching the S's. An entry level situation.

Know this. His last name helped in getting him the OPPORTUNITY to get his first job as a QC coach. But after that he had to perform just like Josh, Matty P, and Flores, etc had to do to move up in the organization. It's what Steve did as well. BTW- Mayo was the guy who seems to have skipped the QC role and moved right into coaching the LB's and helping coordinating the D

I reject the idea that Steve is the "defacto DC". We don't know that. Yes it appears he's calling the defensive signals on game day. But the job of DC and game day signal caller can be two different things. My guess is that it is a collaborative effort (Bill. Steve, Jarod) to create a defensive game plan for the week, with Steve calling the signals and Jarod responsible for getting the right personnel packages on the field at the right time.

Eventually Bill will make an announcement on an official DC....when it suits him. Until then its a mystery until it isn't.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back