PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do We Enough Wide Receivers? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, this particular thread-within-a-thread began with this comment:

We were more or less excluding Cooks from this limited context.

I don't believe that Dorsett or Britt have any draft value now. the fact that some teams wanted to overpay for players that they considered possible stars is somewhat irrelevant. IMHO, they are more valuable to us than to any other team, because we have an idea of how they will integrate into our team and system. [we have a plan for them]

I don't believe that Dorsett or Britt have any draft value now.

Now being the operative word. Many of us have been in circumstances where we have experienced the phenomenon, or at the very least observed it, wherein a '2' at 10:00 transforms into '10' at 2:00. Similar things have been known to happen with football teams.

As I indicated before, I agree that there will be players who are traded for late round draft choices in the last couple of weeks of August and the first 2 weeks of September. We will likely trade a couple of our players; we will likely acquire a couple of players.

Now being the operative word. Many of us have been in circumstances where we have experienced the phenomenon, or at the very least observed it, wherein a '2' at 10:00 transforms into '10' at 2:00. Similar things have been known to happen with football teams.

I expect us take 5 of the following. Personally, I think that the bottom five will be greatly helped by the offseason, camp and pre-season. More than one may be ready for major contributions if there is injury or a trade (or failure to come back from injury). Britt was paid his bonus for a reason. I expect him to be a significant competitor for a roster spot.

Edelman
Cooks
Hogan
Mitchell
Patterson (KR)

Britt
Dorsett
McCarron
Hollister

Dorsett is ahead of Britt. By all reports, the coaches really like him.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Can we hire Randy Moss to mentor Patterson.
Coach up the beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick