PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Pats have an open Roster Slot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
After releasing Cole, did someone fill that slot ? Or do they have an open slot ? If they have one spot to fill, who will take it ?

Yes, they currently have an open roster spot.

Open slot. I would imagine he is being replaced by another db.

Speculation here on Patsfans is that it will be Justin Green or Kanorris Davis..

Green seems to have the inside track because of his ability to play special teams and be a potential kick returner.

Speculation here on Patsfans is that it will be Justin Green or Kanorris Davis..

Green seems to have the inside track because of his ability to play special teams and be a potential kick returner.
I think it's highly likely going to be one of those two. The fact that team hasn't filled that slot yet makes it a high probability to be a practice squader. The Patriots usually wait until the day before gameday before promoting someone.

I think Davis might get the call up this time around though. McCourty looks doubtful to suit up and they may need another body in the S corps. Just my opinion.

Two openings now.

Two openings now.

Yep, down to 51 after the Collie release. We actually had an opening after the Cole release yesterday.

With McCourty and Coles out...Davis and Green get promoted?

After releasing Cole, did someone fill that slot ? Or do they have an open slot ? If they have one spot to fill, who will take it ?

Are you thinking about trying out?

If you are on the 53 man roster at the end of the year and have 4 or fewer accrued seasons you are an ERFA. If you are a player with more than 4 years experience like Cole and Collie you are an UFA.

I suspect that injuries to McCourty and possibly elsewhere caused the shuffling. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats are already thinking about building their 2014 roster. The depth of this team even at this point of the year with a slew of players on IR is amazing and not accidental. They work constantly year round building that depth and paying attention to the 52nd and 53rd roster spots.

Why waste anything?

Don't know about him, but I am. Bill seems to love 5-foot-8 white dudes. I'm a shoo-in.

Good point. I may be 1" too tall but I'll try too.

Hello Randy Moss. Word is, he was seen at Logan.

Patriots promote DB Davis, CB Green - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN

field yates says K Davis & J Green got the honors-1 week? promotion.

If memory serves BB has a history of rewarding loyal PS players with action in the last game. But I also think that it depends on the status of McCourty and Dennard, as well as the performance of the call-ups. Concussions are difficult to predict as we are seeing with Welker and McCourty has not even been cleared to practice yet. Dennard's knee and/or shoulder injuries have left him a shadow of his former self for a few weeks. Hopefully both will be back at full strength for the playoffs, but we just don't know.

It seems likely that McCourty and Dennard won't play, so we activated a safety and a corner.
There is no rocket science to these moves.

If memory serves BB has a history of rewarding loyal PS players with action in the last game. But I also think that it depends on the status of McCourty and Dennard, as well as the performance of the call-ups. Concussions are difficult to predict as we are seeing with Welker and McCourty has not even been cleared to practice yet. Dennard's knee and/or shoulder injuries have left him a shadow of his former self for a few weeks. Hopefully both will be back at full strength for the playoffs, but we just don't know.

It seems likely that McCourty and Dennard won't play, so we activated a safety and a corner.
There is no rocket science to these moves.

Of course. I was responding to the question of whether it would be for 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore