PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do not raise Super Bowl banner, raise #12 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Retire Brady's number in front of the nation opening game.

That would be the biggest middle finger (other then not playing the game which will not happen) that the Pats can give to Goodell and the NFL.

Do not tell the NFL the intention, just have Kraft address the crowd and the audience before the unveiling and say "we couldn't have won our 4th Super Bowl without Tom Brady and we feel it is unjust to lift the banner without Tom Brady. What the league did to Tom was unjust. Tonight we are going to rightly honor Tom Brady in front of the NFL, our fans, and all America. Tonight we are going to retire Tom Brady's #12 jersey. He of course can keep wearing it, but no one else will be able to after him. Tonight we retire the number of the greatest football player to ever step on the field, Tom Brady."

Banner lifts. Crowd erupts. Goodell faints. This needs to happen.

That's a terrible idea and just makes us look childish and arrogant. The biggest middle finger we can give the league is to WIN, plain and simple. We don't need to resort to silly gimmicks to get our point across, winning is the only thing people care about.

Black arm bands and a totally black banner all with a 12. I'm Game. Patriots don't try and copywrite as documented here first sucker

Love it.

Then again I bet the Pats lose another first rounder for saying the word Brady into a game during his suspension. ChEETuRS11!1!1!11!

That would be the biggest middle finger (other then not playing the game which will not happen) that the Pats can give to Goodell and the NFL.

Do not tell the NFL the intention, just have Kraft address the crowd and the audience before the unveiling and say "we couldn't have won our 4th Super Bowl without Tom Brady and we feel it is unjust to lift the banner without Tom Brady. What the league did to Tom was unjust. Tonight we are going to rightly honor Tom Brady in front of the NFL, our fans, and all America. Tonight we are going to retire Tom Brady's #12 jersey. He of course can keep wearing it, but no one else will be able to after him. Tonight we retire the number of the greatest football player to ever step on the field, Tom Brady."

That is a fantastic response - Brady is Boston's greatest athlete. Set a precedent and retire his # opening night - then hang the Super Bowl banner in his 1st home game back.

Great post Boomer!

That's a terrible idea and just makes us look childish and arrogant. The biggest middle finger we can give the league is to WIN, plain and simple. We don't need to resort to silly gimmicks to get our point across, winning is the only thing people care about.

I do not agree. There is no freaking way that I can stand there and cheer the raising of that banner knowing that TB is not there.

Are you kidding me?

Fans of New England, we DO need to do something to express the outrage and pisspoor treatment of TB. ,I'll be there, but, we need to send a message, loud and clear to Goodell and the NFL.

Furthermore, Robert Kraft had better come out of his ivory tower there at Gillette and show total support for his other "son". He boasts of being one of "us" back in the days of old Sulivan/ Foxboro stadium.....up until now, Mr Kraft, I respected every thing you have done.....don't disappoint us, not this time, not now.

Step up Robert Kraft, this is your fight too -- legacy time RK.

I don't think it matters. Goodell is like Vince McMahon, except McMahon had at least some intelligence. At this point, the XFL probably would be better run than the NFL. Next he'll send in a marching band to stop TDs or tweak rules mid-game to get closer results. He'll handle everything the way he usually does, by ****ing it up to it's most extreme level.

Like Spygate. Nothing on the tapes. But we'll fine you and dock a 1st. And destroy the tapes. What the ****? If there's nothing on the tapes, show everyone, don't make a big deal out of it. But by destroying them, penalizing the team, then publicly saying there's nothing on them, you basically piss everyone involved off. You don't do any actual good. Nobody actually gets to see the truth. And you ask everyone to take your word for it. Except your word is saying both things and nothing at the same time.

Goodell's handling of the officials was absolutely atrocious, and it cost some teams playoff spots. He almost drove the league into the ground with his bumbling of the CBA. His mid-season rule changes on-the-fly were terribly done.

He preaches player safety while pushing more Thursday games, and doing nothing to help out the schedule makers to minimize short-rest games.

He's an absolute ****ing joke. And win or lose, nothing changes that unless you embarrass him on national TV.

Show up with Brady patches. Heck, put Goodell's face on the rear ends of the pants. Yes, you get fined. Pay the fine. Worth every penny. Is it embarrassing? Nowhere near as embarrassing as a league that fines a guy twice as long over air in footballs with no real proof vs. the guy who knocks out his fiancee on camera. This league that goes after the franchise when the report clearly said they had no knowledge of it, yet doesn't say a word when the Ravens owner calls them up to ask for a lighter sentence, clear pandering.

This is a ****ing joke of a league.

You're right, if we raise the banner the Patriots automatically lose. Plus, if you question the Well's report, you're really questioning the integrity of the FBI.

Because I think retiring a player's jersey who is still playing makes us look childish? No matter how F'd up this situation is we have to respond with poise, not with gimmicks. Like I said I only care about winning and that's all anyone cares about in regards to us. You realize if we retire TB jersey and then get demolished by ****tsburgh people will just use it as fodder for jokes.

If we were to do anything like this I would want it to be before TB's return where it would be followed with an emphatic win, if we did it before the opening game all significance would be void if we lost in a bad way and it would turn into a punchline instead of a warning shot like it should be. I love me some JG but I'm being realistic for a first real NFL start.

Just put a giant black cover over the banner and raise it like a black flag on opening day. Keep the cover until Brady's first game.

Because I think retiring a player's jersey who is still playing makes us look childish? No matter how F'd up this situation is we have to respond with poise, not with gimmicks. Like I said I only care about winning and that's all anyone cares about in regards to us. You realize if we retire TB jersey and then get demolished by ****tsburgh people will just use it as fodder for jokes.

If we were to do anything like this I would want it to be before TB's return where it would be followed with an emphatic win, if we did it before the opening game all significance would be lost in a bad way and it would turn into a punchline instead of warning shot like it should be.

No, not based on thta one post, but your other posts too, and your posting timeline, which suggests you are a noob troll, not a fan. If I'm wrong, it will become clear after a few months.

Someone mentioned in a comment of an article on another site to raise the banner upside down. I like that idea.

There's NO WAY that banner should be raised without TFB on the field.

#NoBradyNoBanner indeed!

No, not based on thta one post, but your other posts too, and your posting timeline, which suggests you are a noob troll, not a fan. If I'm wrong, it will become clear after a few months.

I've been a Pats fan probably longer than you've been alive lol. We're all pissed off but some of you young cats are going overboard. I would rather we just ignore it once the season starts and put all our energy and focus into winning football games instead of playing up the punishment even further and turn this into a massive distraction for the team.

The more we retaliate next season the longer this story will have legs, people and media want us to get pissed off and keep the saga going. Just ignoring it and taking it on the chin is the best thing we can possibly do to make it go away, all this jersey retirement and junk is just going to keep everyone talking about it and distracting our team.

We're all pissed off but some of you young cats are going overboard. I would rather we just ignore it once the season starts and put all our energy and focus into winning football games instead of playing up the punishment even further and turn this into a massive distraction for the team.

You don't think having to play up to four games with Tom Brady sitting at home due to a totally BOGUS RIGGED NFL process isn't a massive distraction for the other 52 players? It's there, the NFL put it there, it will have to be dealt with.

The more we retaliate next season the longer this story will have legs, people and media want us to get pissed off and keep the saga going.

We should retaliate at least as long as TFB is suspended. No denying it.

A

All while Brady watches from a Blimp right above the stadium. Im sure they can't ban him from the air space above the stadium!

I've been a Pats fan probably longer than you've been alive lol. We're all pissed off but some of you young cats are going overboard. I would rather we just ignore it once the season starts and put all our energy and focus into winning football games instead of playing up the punishment even further and turn this into a massive distraction for the team.

The more we retaliate next season the longer this story will have legs, people and media want us to get pissed off and keep the saga going. Just ignoring it and taking it on the chin is the best thing we can possibly do to make it go away, all this jersey retirement and junk is just going to keep everyone talking about it and distracting our team.

Thats called being a pushover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back