PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis returns to practice, 21-day clock starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Now don't use him on such a large percentage of snaps again. The guy is electric with the ball in his hand but he's too small to sustain that type of punishment on almost every down.

Not sure why you got a disagree for this..

Lewis is a very small statured back that has never completed a full season in the NFL without an injury.. he's an amazing talent, but I agree with you that they need to limit his touches so that he has the longevity to be there in the post season. .

With White stepping up his game and Blount playing very well, there is no need to overwork Lewis

I haven't felt this worried about a player getting injured since Gronk in 2014.......I really hope Lewis has a solid career here. He deserves it

It's good to know that Dion is healthy again and may be able to contribute as soon as week 10, but still... i'm wondering : wouldn't have been smarter/safer to wait until the very end of the pup "return window" (i.e. week 11+3) so as to cover the risk of a random injury in our backfield until week 14 (Vs. unnecessarily exposing DJ Foster to waivers in a time of the season when healthy RBs become a hot commodity... and then lose another back for the season the week after DJ get claimed by the J*ts).

What if, G forbid, one of our RB get injured and IRed anytime between Lewis activation and week 14 and the potential "next man up" is no longer in our roster : would it be safe to call it poor personnel decision then ? Am i overrating DJ Foster and his potential loss ? I know there is one open spot in the roster currently, and i know they still have Bishop Sankey in their Practice Squad, but... Well, knock on wood...

Last edited:
I expect to see him vs Seattle. I think with what we saw with Vereen vs them in 2014 RBs can feast on them. I expect a healthy amount of Lewis and White catching passes.

That will be a RB/TE game.

Not sure why you got a disagree for this..

Lewis is a very small statured back that has never completed a full season in the NFL without an injury.. he's an amazing talent, but I agree with you that they need to limit his touches so that he has the longevity to be there in the post season. .

With White stepping up his game and Blount playing very well, there is no need to overwork Lewis

Last year he averaged 12 touches a game which IMO isn't a lot but whatever.

For perspective, KFaulk averaged about 7 touches a game so maybe that is the happy medium for Lewis.

The problem w/ limiting him is that Lewis averaged about 90 yards a game of offense so its wasn't like he was less effective with more touches. In fact, he got better with more touches.

I expect to see him vs Seattle. I think with what we saw with Vereen vs them in 2014 RBs can feast on them. I expect a healthy amount of Lewis and White catching passes.

I would keep him out much longer than that. White should be able to play the Vereen role vs Seattle.

Exactly...same applies to our Denver game. We need him for that, especially if the #1 seed is still up for grabs. Lewis/White gives us an edge against their linebackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back