PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Fumble/NOT a fumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! He changed how he was handling the ball, but it's not losing the ball. Wow. he just hanged how he was possessing it.
Lord, this is dense. You are literally arguing that Lewis decided "you know, I think I am going to forget about gripping the ball with 3 points (chest/forearm/hand) and I am going to deliberately hold it against my right hip."

I've been asking him that for about 8 pages now.... like I said, his own posts are not internally consistent. He will literally say Lewis "re-possessed the ball" in the same post as saying he lost possession in the first place.

Without question, Lewis adjusted how he was originally carrying the ball. But, you playing semantics with word choice and being an internet lawyer, doesn't change the 100% fact that Lewis NEVER LOST THE BALL, until AFTER his left knee was down (and finally on his back).

So, all of your desperation to deflect to other topics are moot.

Let's say a receiver catches a ball in the endzone, lands on his back and a defender rips the ball free a half second after he hits the ground. Is that a touchdown?
Timing is a subjective thing. I think the call would depend on the player's movement. For example, if he hits the ground and his body slides along the ground, I doubt they would call it a reception.

Without question, Lewis adjusted how he was originally carrying the ball.
So you honestly believe Lewis decided to deliberately carry the ball by holding it with one hand and pinning it against his leg.

Lord, Belichick would cut any player who deliberately carried the ball in such a manner.
So, all of your desperation to deflect to other topics are moot.
It is not a deflection. Logically speaking, one of the following must be true:

1) Lewis lost possession of the ball, or
2) Lewis decided to deliberately shift the ball in such a manner whereby he was carrying it with one hand and pinned it against his hip

Option 2, which you believe is true, is too ludicrous to even imagine for those of us living in the real world.

Lord, this is dense. You are literally arguing that Lewis decided "you know, I think I am going to forget about gripping the ball with 3 points (chest/forearm/hand) and I am going to deliberately hold it against my right hip."

Umm, are you a mind-reader? Because I am not. Your desperation and embarrassment is showing.

Some people in our socitey automatically think people in a position of power always tell the truth and get something right, which obviously is the not case.

Clete Blakeman/Al Riveron threw Jax a bone there within that play. They got it wrong on the field and then had a chance to fix their error, and they refused by saying "call stands", when the call was clearly incorrect.

I asked for you to post a photo or shows is in the video where there is a gap of space between Lewis/s hand/hip and the ball, and you simply refuse to do it. Someone instead showed the ASJ thingy, which is nowhere near the same thing as Lewis's situation, since Lewis had the ball the entire time. Get it?

I have never seen a more obvious replay in my life that shows that the runner never actually lost possession, prior to the knee, elbow or butt hitting the turf.

So you honestly believe Lewis decided to deliberately carry the ball by holding it with one hand and pinning it against his leg.

Lord, Belichick would cut any player who deliberately carried the ball in such a manner.
It is not a deflection. Logically speaking, one of the following must be true:

1) Lewis lost possession of the ball, or
2) Lewis decided to deliberately shift the ball in such a manner whereby he was carrying it with one hand and pinned it against his hip

Option 2, which you believe is true, is too ludicrous to even imagine for those of us living in the real world.

1. It's not #1. That's a fact.

2. Your number 2 is just strange.

Jack caused the attempt of the strip, the re-adjustment of how Lewis was able to carry it, but the ball never officially came loose. Of course Lewis didn't try to "deliberately" get fancy with some circus stunt on purpose to carry the ball differently.

I mean, listen to yourself, just swinging wildly and missing over and over. Goodell doubles down when caught red-handed, why do you?

You can keep lying, responding and deflecting, but you lost. Just accept it and move on already.

I repeat, this is proof Goodell will instruct the refs, to use things to help the opponent. It's been going on for years and years.

"Anything close, Al, give it to the Pats opponent. No one will care if its wrong, since everyone hates the Pats." R. Goodell

Round and round the Mulberry bush we go... Yes he did! No he didn't! Yes he did. No he didn't. It's the refs fault! No it's not.

What's the point? That game is over. We won. This ***********, going on for 21 pages now, will change nothing. Move on the next game which, you know, actually matters.

Round and round the Mulberry bush we go... Yes he did! No he didn't! Yes he did. No he didn't. It's the refs fault! No it's not.

What's the point? That game is over. We won. This ***********, going on for 21 pages now, will change nothing. Move on the next game which, you know, actually matters.

I agree. They've spent 100 pages trying to deflect and back horrendous officiating.

It's bizarre. I bet they think the ball "was not catchable" down in Carolina on MNF in 2013, too.

LMAO

Jack caused the attempt of the strip, the re-adjustment of how Lewis was able to carry it, but the ball never officially came loose. Of course Lewis didn't try to "deliberately" get fancy with some circus stunt on purpose to carry the ball differently.
The ball completely detaches from his body (as proven in the picture I posted) and he is barely touching the ball with his fingertips.

Anyone that thinks that represents "firm grasp and control" just doesn't understand football.
You can keep lying, responding and deflecting, but you lost. Just accept it and move on already.

I repeat, this is proof Goodell will instruct the refs, to use things to help the opponent. It's been going on for years and years.
Yeah, we've really been screwed by instant replay this year. Sefarian-Jenkins.... Jesse James..... the NFL really had it out for the Pats in those games!!

I mean, listen to yourself, just swinging wildly and missing over and over. Goodell doubles down when caught red-handed, why do you?

I agree. They've spent 100 pages trying to deflect and back horrendous officiating.

It's bizarre. I bet they think the ball "was not catchable" down in Carolina on MNF in 2013, too.

LMAO
That play has nothing to do with this one. But you obviously think ASJ never fumbled and should have been given a touchdown, which is a play very similar to this one. LOL!!

You're just embarrassing yourself here with your self-contradiction, lack of knowledge and you can't even maintain the same point all the way through the thread. You go back and forth between saying he lost it, didn't lose it, "re-possessed" it, didn't fumble, etc.....

That play has nothing to do with this one. But you obviously think ASJ never fumbled and should have been given a touchdown, which is a play very similar to this one. LOL!!

You're just embarrassing yourself here with your self-contradiction, lack of knowledge and you can't even maintain the same point all the way through the thread. You go back and forth between saying he lost it, didn't lose it, "re-possessed" it, didn't fumble, etc.....

ASJ did not show control of the ball he was supposed to have caught, after the ball jostled around in his bread basket.

Show me WHERE the ball jostles around with Lewis:

You keep refusing to do it. And, those of us who know NFL rules, know why.

Have a nice day!

The ball completely detaches from his body (as proven in the picture I posted) and he is barely touching the ball with his fingertips.

Anyone that thinks that represents "firm grasp and control" just doesn't understand football.

Yeah, we've really been screwed by instant replay this year. Sefarian-Jenkins.... Jesse James..... the NFL really had it out for the Pats in those games!!

Did David Tyree have "firm grasp and control"? You keep comparing apples to oranges.

Lewis ALREADY CAUGHT THE BALL. This has NOTHING to do with a catch.

Nothing.

That's an outright lie. Post the picture again, please.

The ball never left his possession or body (fully), with Jack even touching it after he showed firm control with it PINNED to his hip.

Fact.

ASJ did not show control of the ball he was supposed to have caught, after the ball jostled around in his bread basket.

Show me WHERE the ball jostles around with Lewis:
I, along with several others, already did.

According to your logic, ASJ never fumbled.

Did David Tyree have "firm grasp and control"? You keep comparing apples to oranges.

Lewis ALREADY CAUGHT THE BALL. This has NOTHING to do with a catch.

Nothing.
Once again, you show your ignorance of the NFL rules. "Firm grasp and control" is how the rulebook defines possession of the football, whether that person is running or catching.

Seriously, learn the rules. You clearly have no idea what the rules are, let alone what you are talking about.

Find it yourself. It is in this thread.

nope. i will not waste more time on childish deflections and people not knowing basic nfl
rules, nor will i go back searching in this thread when you and others were asked repeatedly

Once again, you show your ignorance of the NFL rules. "Firm grasp and control" is how the rulebook defines possession of the football, whether that person is running or catching.

Seriously, learn the rules. You clearly have no idea what the rules are, let alone what you are talking about.

it was firmly pinned to his hip

you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back