PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we just use the poison pill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and to clarify. Guarantee you that this was poison pilled. Otherwise the union would have filed charges against both teams and the league. Both sides have to get together on this one to insure these pills are eliminated.
Why would the players union have find grievances if there WASN'T a poison pill?

....who's the second?
Sammie Morris.

And please take off one or both of those pictures from your signature. You have to scroll down forever to get past them.

well said this is the new nfl, everytime ive seen welker hes really impressed me , lets not complain about them spending money for years we have been complaining the havent, ya ho keep it coming

I haven't complained that they haven't. Not at all.

I like the fact they've been hoarding money for the future. Last year they ended up at the cap, they spent all the money, and carried a little forward as long term bonus.

But this money runs out fast. 3 big ticket items I think of in terms of the future:

1. Ty Warren
2. Vince Wilfork
3. Tom Brady's inevitable renegotiation

Sammie Morris.

And please take off one or both of those pictures from your signature. You have to scroll down forever to get past them.

there's an option, whereby you can don't have to see them (even though everyone else can. Look under your "User CP"

I read that the players union likes poison pills because it helps player movement, by having them it gives the player a better chance of more money

For unfair labor practices and collusion. See, since they couldn't get rid of the pill in the CBA, if the team making the offer doesn't pill it, it would appear that the two teams worked together on the terms of the offer up front, limiting the player's earning potential. Pills benefit free agents. They hurt teams.

there's an option, whereby you can don't have to see them (even though everyone else can. Look under your "User CP"
Thanks, but I want to be able to see pictures and signatures, just not signatures with two big pictures.

For unfair labor practices and collusion. See, since they couldn't get rid of the pill in the CBA, if the team making the offer doesn't pill it, it would appear that the two teams worked together on the terms of the offer up front, limiting the player's earning potential. Pills benefit free agents. They hurt teams.
Has the players union filed such a grievance before? Sounds pretty damn far-fetched to me, but I might eat those words.

I hope they didn't use a poison pill and I hope they didn't offer him 38 million.

Poison pills suck.
You do what you can within the rules. It's too much money . . . poison pill ? If it's within the rules, no problem with me.

Has the players union filed such a grievance before? Sounds pretty damn far-fetched to me, but I might eat those words.

After the Steve Hutchinson/Nate Burleson fiasco last year, the NFL and NFLPA tried to rectify this situation. However, they couldn't come to an agreement. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if the NFLPA claimed collusion amongst the owners...

Sorry to ask but what is the poison pill? I've never heard of it before. And don't worry there are definate phony years in there, because while Welker is good he isn't worth all that AND a second round pick.

Sorry to ask but what is the poison pill? I've never heard of it before. And don't worry there are definate phony years in there, because while Welker is good he isn't worth all that AND a second round pick.

If Miami decides to keep Welker and pay him the offer the Pats tended, the poison pill in his Foxboro recruiting lunch kills Welker and Miami loses too.

Sorry to ask but what is the poison pill? I've never heard of it before.
A poison pill is where you put some B.S. in to prevent a team from matching.

The classic one was when The Jest signed Curtis Martin. It was a split contract with a player option. The real contract he was signing and a one year contract. If the Patriots had matched Martin could have picked the one year deal and been a UFA a year later and left for nothing.

Wes Welker is neither a good punt-returner nor a good kick returner. Matter of fact Kevin Faulk was alot better at returning punts.

This is plain and uttrer garbage. You can't look at it in a vacuum like you are doing.

1) Faulk missed games.
2) Miami's blocking units weren't nearly as good as the Pats blocking units.
3) I'll put $5 bucks that says Welker puts up better numbers than Faulk did this year.

\
Because the Union would call it Collusion.

After the Steve Hutchinson/Nate Burleson fiasco last year, the NFL and NFLPA tried to rectify this situation. However, they couldn't come to an agreement. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if the NFLPA claimed collusion amongst the owners...

Correct. Due to the impasse, it has been hinted at and assumed that the union would now file charges if the pill isn't used. Isn't that rediculous!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST