PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Mac talk himself down in Interviews?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think Mac Jones intentionally did bad interviews with other teams?

• Maybe he just didn’t give his A game to SF, and CHI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok, so this is 100% THEORETICAL.

I have absolutely no evidence, no one is talking about it, and it is all pure supposition on my part: . . .

The one fact I know: Mac Jones and his father both clearly stated that the Patriots is where he wanted to be.

so, Just suppose he didn’t exactly close the door on drinking when the subject of his dui came up during his interviews with SF, CHI, or the Jete. Or that he gave some bad answers to some play sketches.

IS IT POSSIBLE that he talked himself down to other teams to steer his selection to the Patriots? What do you think?

PS: If you didn’t get it, this is off-/pre-season fun. isn’t a serious theory/accusation.

Last edited:
Did he overthrow a couple of deep balls on purpose at his Pro day with Shanahan/Lynch and BB/Josh watching? Who knows?

Nobody would do this because if the Patriots went in another direction and he bombed on purpose he was falling to second or third round territory costing himself a ton of money but also reputation with 31 other clubs.

I can't imagine an agent approving of such an approach.

I voted for option F - he didn't give his A game to everyone except the Pats and 49ers.

Ok, so this is 100% THEORETICAL.

I have absolutely no evidence, no one is talking about it, and it is all pure supposition on my part: . . .

The one fact I know: Mac Jones and his father both clearly stated that the Patriots is where he wanted to be.

so, Just suppose he didn’t exactly close the door on drinking when the subject of his dui came up during his interviews with SF, CHI, or the Jete. Or that he gave some bad answers to some play sketches.

IS IT POSSIBLE that he talked himself down to other teams to steer his selection to the Patriots? What do you think?
This poll really needed to be multiple choice.

Seriously? No f#cking way.

I am excited as you that we have a QB project to keep our interest and hope. I have good feeling about his talent and very fun personality.
That being said he has an agent. He may have stuck his chest out a little more during his Pat’s interview but he was coached to sell everyone. Millions of reasons why.

This needs an investigation. I know the best guy for the job.
1620440972028.jpeg

There are plenty more passes into the bleachers coming.

He lost like $20 million by not going to the 49ers. I don’t think he did it on purpose.

Going to the right place >>>>>> $20m dollars. He'll easily make that back if he outplays his rookie deal or if he gets a couple New England market endorsement deals. His first words out of his mouth after he got drafted was “This is what I wanted. Don’t tell anybody.”

I'd imagine teams like Chicago, Denver and Washington didn't get the fully committed Mac Jones. New England did.

It would be much more beneficial for him to straight up TELL the 49ers he wouldn't play for them, so he could possibly get a trade like Elway/EManning and still get paid. Maybe he did that, and none of his potential suitors would pony up the draft capital for him (cuz the 9ers already did), and he just slid. In those 2 cases of Elway and Manning, it was made very public, the 2qbs were guaranteed top picks, and they had their preferred destinations higher up in the draft.

I won't shame you for the conspiracy theory, though. It was clear that he wanted to come to NE... at least we were on his list. It's possible he made demands, since the 49ers were apparently all-in on that trade, but with 3 good qbs left at the #3 pick, he didn't have much leverage.

As far as $ goes, it would be stupid. But he's smarter than me, so maybe he's playing the long game and realizes that certain franchises can ruin careers.

Maybe he's playing chess, while........ you know.

I don’t know about this, but one thing I’m certain of is Alabama guys often don’t work out or run drills. They try to land in the best situation possible.

As far as the 49ers I think they simply wanted Lance. Other teams skipped on Jones because he wasn’t an athletic running QB... in short teams are dumb.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back