PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Developmental QB

patman52

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If Mayo decides to move on from Mac, then one of the top 3 guys should be the pick at #3. But If Mac is given another chance a later round guy I would like to see is Joe Milton from TN. Only one year of starting, but has some great traits to develop. Zappe to me is no more than a #3. I think Milton is far more of a talent than Malik Cunningham was.

If Mayo decides to move on from Mac, then one of the top 3 guys should be the pick at #3. But If Mac is given another chance a later round guy I would like to see is Joe Milton from TN. Only one year of starting, but has some great traits to develop. Zappe to me is no more than a #3. I think Milton is far more of a talent than Malik Cunningham was.
I'm on the Spencer Rattler development QB band wagon, with the 1 caveat that he's not the massive jerk he was at Oklahoma and has matured. He's got a first round arm and an Undrafted Free Agent personality or did at Oklahoma.

If Pratt slides, I'd take him but then Milton would be next.

The odds are about 1% anyone past round 2 develops into a quality NFL starter. But it happens. One of the bigger issues is these later picks tend to be older, basically 24 years old by time season starts: Milton, Rattler, Travis, Hartman, Tagovailoa, Jurkovec etc.

NFL QB prime is normally 26-30, if they are not a 1-2 round QB talent by age 24, you are hoping to get Brady like lightning in a bottle. Which I'm OK with, I would draft a QB in the 4-6 range EVERY year, get lucky on the most important position and the alternative pick in those rounds has a low shot of being an impact player anyway. Just know you may never hit on that pick.

I was reading about him recently. He has an impressive physical profile. This article soured me on him though.

What about making an end run at bringing Malik Cunningham back to the team? or is he going to stay in Baltimore? He will not have the opportunity in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson having a lock on the QB position for the foreseeable future...

What about making an end run at bringing Malik Cunningham back to the team? or is he going to stay in Baltimore? He will not have the opportunity in Baltimore with Lamar Jackson having a lock on the QB position for the foreseeable future...
Too short.
Big Brother Fight GIF by Laff

I was reading about him recently. He has an impressive physical profile. This article soured me on him though.

I would have the The pats look to draft him in the 5th rd. Yeah, he is raw to a pro set, but he has mobility in the pocket, can throw on the run and has good touch on the long ball, yeah he has short range accuracy issues, so did Allan at wyoming.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back