PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Derek Stingley Jr. is Darryl Stingley's Grandson

He is most likely a top 5 pick, no way he lasts to 10, let alone 21.

I'm seeing mocks projecting Stingley as a top 15 pick..

Some mocks have him sliding over injury concerns. He was injured in 20 and 21.

Darryl Stingley one of my all time faves... thus my name on this board. He has never gotten enough recognition for what he did as a Patriot and how it all ended for him by a cheap hit from the Oakland player Jack Tatum, aka "The Assassin"..

I suspect Derek was cut from the same cloth.

There’s talk he could fall to the 10-15 range. Wonder if we could get a team in that range to do a trade of our first (21), along with a franchise tag and trade of JC Jackson to that team, to move up into the 10-15 range to acquire Stingly, if he does indeed fall a little. A team like Minnesota at 12 comes to mind, they’ve kind of struck out drafting corners over the last few years, and might prefer getting a proven corner like Jackson over drafting one. Actually looking at the way 10-15 unfolds, there could be several teams who might be interested. Stingly is perfect for BB’s defense. That would be a dream come true.

There’s talk he could fall to the 10-15 range. Wonder if we could get a team in that range to do a trade of our first (21), along with a franchise tag and trade of JC Jackson to that team, to move up into the 10-15 range to acquire Stingly, if he does indeed fall a little. A team like Minnesota at 12 comes to mind, they’ve kind of struck out drafting corners over the last few years, and might prefer getting a proven corner like Jackson over drafting one. Actually looking at the way 10-15 unfolds, there could be several teams who might be interested. Stingly is perfect for BB’s defense. That would be a dream come true.
Minnesota or any other team would be insane to do a trade like that.

Stingley will come cheap and JC won't. I get that JC is a proven commodity but the prospect of grabbing a guy on the cheap is too good to pass up.

It would be an incredibly good trade for the Patriots.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back