PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver Post - Pats are now "too soft" to repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that bulletin board material is plastered all over that locker room.

I mean really Denver? Are you really that blind to the officiating that went on in that game? I'm actually starting to laugh it off as your team sucked and have no chance when this team is healthy. They almost beat you with a skeleton squad and the only reason they didn't is because the calls were one sided. If anyone is soft it's Denver. Oh yeah, they are soft alright, Had a player fielding punts who wasn't supposed to be.

Please make it to the playoffs, I can't wait to watch them play again. No chance whatsoever Denver. Don't care if it's at Foxboro or Mile High.

Can't believe I took the time to read that...it was a long walk in search of a point.

Finally seemed to end up on the idea that the Pats' running game is lacking, so the team is soft and therefore won't win.

You know what? That article was so lame I just lost interest in my own point.

I can only assume that Denver thinks the NFL season is over once the Broncos are eliminated, because this guy clearly didn't watch 2/3 of the Pats' playoff games.

The Broncos however, will turn out to be just "soft" enough to be one-and-done once again in the playoffs, like last year.

Their point about our running game sucking eggs, and whether this is a problem heading toward the postseason, is worth discussing;otherwise it's a lot of fluff for Denver fans.

Would definitely like to play them again with healthy Edelman and Hightower and Collins and officiating crew that doesn't suck.

Last edited:
I tweeted something last night and 3 broncos fans kept trying to entice me to get in an argument with them..saying Denver got screwed on the PI on getting into FG range...we never win there ect ect.

One said our D was bottom of the league and I posted facts and all they said was..yeah ok.

Broncos fans are some of the most uneducated out there...lots of them

Depleted....not soft.
The rushing stat is a problem too....she is right.
Being one dimensional while depleted is another problem.
The Full 31 and their media love to see signs of weakness....and the knives are coming out.
Get used to it.

LOL, they barely beat the Pats B-squad even with some of the most lopsided officiating ever witnessed. And at home too. If these two teams meet in January with Edelman, Amendola, and Gronk on the field for the Pats, it'll get really ugly regardless of where the game is played.

Assuming the Patriots get back JE, DA, Gonk, Collins and Hightower and don't lose anybody else and the Broncos bet back the players they lost the Pats would beat them in Denver in a rematch and smoke them by 3 TDs in NE. If the game is Ref'd on the up and up by more.

As a public service to save everyone the click, here's the gist (which was at the bottom of the story):

None of the six Super Bowl teams during the reign of Brady ever averaged less than the 87.2 yards produced per game by these Pats of 2015. While the NFL is a league ruled by quarterbacks, a New England offense dependent on Brady's arm for more than 78 percent of its yardage from scrimmage is seriously out of whack.

The Patriots were unable to hold a fourth-quarter advantage in Denver because their ability to run was nonexistent. Three times in the final period of regulation, the New England offense took the field with a lead. And New England offensive guru Josh McDaniels did not even try to run the ball. During those three possessions, Brady threw 10 passes and LeGarrette Blount rushed once, for a single measly yard.

The Pats are soft. Soft doesn't win the Super Bowl. In the playoffs, foes smell weakness.

So the Patriots lost because of the running game. By implication I guess they met have won the SUper Bowl last year because of the running game. ...

I take it this idiot didn't watch the the Pats/Ravens or Pats/Seahawks playoff games last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back