PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas workout for Patriots yesterday - video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 7 games in Houston and didn’t exactly set the world in fire. Less than 40 receding yards per game is not exactly playing well. I’m not sure he has the cerebral reputation you are assuming either.
Learning this offense with this qb in order to do better than 39 yards a game will be a challenge.

Well he will have the playbook in his hands last year O'brien used the same terminology.
I thought he would be ready. If he can play during camp but not at 100% they can just cut him in sept and sign him the next week. As a vet he won't have to clear waivers - right? It is not like another team is going to give him 3 mill in sept when he can't play.

Well he will have the playbook in his hands last year O'brien used the same terminology.
I thought he would be ready. If he can play during camp but not at 100% they can just cut him in sept and sign him the next week. As a vet he won't have to clear waivers - right? It is not like another team is going to give him 3 mill in sept when he can't play.
Why cut him and sign him back? The roster has 8 inactive spots.

That’s his new maximum speed, but he is a great route runner.
Gotta be able to CUT as a Route runner....obviously he isn’t ready to Cut yet....baby steps..maybe even being ready by playoffs and working on plays would be great!

That’s not practicing.
If he has to start the season on pup I see almost no chance he will be contributing. And I doubt they would have signed if that was the expectation.
We will see.

Working on individual drills, participating in all meetings and doing regenerative work is good enough for a veteran. Especially one that has already played under McDaniels.

Obviously the team won't keep him any longer than it makes sense on PUP but there is also absolutely no reason to rush things given how backloaded our schedule is. If he can come off PUP during camp even better.

Last edited:
Watched the video twice, still not sure why he does or does not look good.. When is TC??

Although the NFL has done everything in their power to make the offseason shorter, every year it seems longer...

He played 7 games in Houston and didn’t exactly set the world in fire. Less than 40 receding yards per game is not exactly playing well. I’m not sure he has the cerebral reputation you are assuming either.
Learning this offense with this qb in order to do better than 39 yards a game will be a challenge.

Yeah, I guess he doesn't have the right attributes for you to consider him "cerebral."

Don’t really think he looks good or bad. I still assume he starts on PUP if he makes the team.

Yeah, I guess he doesn't have the right attributes for you to consider him "cerebral."
I don’t know. What attributes are you using?
I’m saying that calling him cerebral because he picked up the Houston offense seems like stretch because if he picked it up so readily you would expect production.

If he is on pup he cannot practice. So throwing him on the roster mid season never taking a throw from Brady or even running a route seems like a very long shot.
Thus my complete befuddlement at this signing in the first place.

Still maintain that Josh Gordon will contribute more than Donkey Thomas will.

I don’t know. What attributes are you using?
I’m saying that calling him cerebral because he picked up the Houston offense seems like stretch because if he picked it up so readily you would expect production.

I don't even get what the endgame of labeling someone as "cerebral" is supposed to be. Josh drafted him, he coached him and was most probably a pretty important voice when it came to signing him.

If McDaniels trusts him to pick up the offense then there is no reason to have a debate at all. That is all anyone should need.

Its a journey back so this is a start. Hopefully he will be ready to go and contribute.

I don't even get what the endgame of labeling someone as "cerebral" is supposed to be. Josh drafted him, he coached him and was most probably a pretty important voice when it came to signing him.

If McDaniels trusts him to pick up the offense then there is no reason to have a debate at all. That is all anyone should need.
Well history tells us that receivers struggle to pick up the offense, so it’s surely a consideration.
Belichick has drafted people that ended up not fitting in or struggled to get it, so I don’t think josh drafted him answers it once and for all.
My point is more about getting comfortable with the sight reads and seeing what Brady sees.
“Cerebral” was paraphrasing “high football acumen” and no doubt he will need time to pick up the offense because he played for O’Brien.
My point is that saying he mastered the Houston offense while producing <60% of his career average isn’t good proof that he doesn’t need time learning the system on the field.

In the end if he is ready or not near ready all of this is irrelevant.
The real discussion is if he is close and projects to be ready say between week 1 and week 6 how should the team handle it.
I say they should get him out on the practice field working with Brady and have him on the roster and inactive until he is ready. I say that is much more likely to result in contributions than to hold him out if practice on pup until Late October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thus my complete befuddlement at this signing in the first place.

Still maintain that Josh Gordon will contribute more than Donkey Thomas will.
Nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing