PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demarcus Ware: The 5 Toughest Players I've Faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kargetina

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Tom Brady

''Tom always knows where the blitz is coming from. You can’t trick him. We’d get to the line and I’d be coming on a blitz, and before the snap he’d yell, “Blue 32 … Blue 32 … Ware! Ware! Ware!” And he’d point right at me.

I’d be like, How does he know I’m coming?

The keys to Tom’s game are recognizing the blitz and getting the ball out of his hands quickly. You rarely see him hold onto the ball.

The way to beat Tom Brady is to hit him. As many times as you can, hit him. And even then, it might not be enough. In the AFC Championship Game a couple of years ago, we sacked Tom four times and we hit him 20 times.

Twenty times.

The way to beat Tom Brady is to hit him. As many times as you can, hit him.

The thing was, every time we hit him, he got back up. We hit Tom more times than any quarterback had been hit in any game that season, and he still had his team a two-point conversion away from tying the game late in the fourth quarter. The dude is relentless.

Everybody knows what Tom Brady can do with the football. He has great arm strength. He’s accurate. He throws a great deep ball.

But he can also take a hit.

Like, 20 of them.''

For the rest:

The 5 Toughest Players I Ever Faced | The Players' Tribune

Justin Tuck: Former New York Giants star Justin Tuck talked about how tough Tom Brady was in their first Super Bowl win over New England after the 2007 season: “He threw a ball 70 yards to Randy Moss …. literally right after Jay Alford broke him in half.”

Michael Strahan:

Fierce competitor.

Of course all of this might feed into @Simpelton 's theory that Brady possibly takes HGH. :eek::eek::eek:

Fair is fair. Every other time an athlete is touting a new therapy that extends their playing lifespan, those 3 letters are invoked.

To this point there's only a few athletes in all of pro sports that I would say with no doubt in my mind that HGH is not something they'd get into if it kept them at the peak of their game. Brady is one of them. But I've been wrong about this sort of thing before (thinking of Manny here as well as Lance Armstrong) so no matter who the pro athlete is you just can't shake that tiny sliver of doubt.

Do Patriot fans have less loyalty to Tom Brady than Browns fans did to Bernie Kosar

Justin Tuck: Former New York Giants star Justin Tuck talked about how tough Tom Brady was in their first Super Bowl win over New England after the 2007 season: “He threw a ball 70 yards to Randy Moss …. literally right after Jay Alford broke him in half.”

Michael Strahan:

Fierce competitor.

What's amazing about both of these videos is there are still people who call him a crybaby and say he's soft. I was at The Ale House just to watch the MNF game against Baltimore last season, and there was a lady sitting a table away who started calling him a whiner and a p*ssy when they showed him yelling and throwing the water bottle on the sideline after he missed a long pass to Edelman, forcing a punt. People who just have blind hate for certain players don't realize how pathetic they make themselves look.

I have to think I'm not the only person here who thinks a very, very high % of professionals are using. I'd be much more surprised if today's stars AREN'T using.
I have been saying this very thing since about 2005. I really hope that nothing ever comes out about Tom. I want to trust and believe that he really is just a great athlete who has mastered the art of taking care of his body.

I have been saying this very thing since about 2005. I really hope that nothing ever comes out about Tom. I want to trust and believe that he really is just a great athlete who has mastered the art of taking care of his body.

Doing both may just be how you get that good.

This is something I'm sure Broncos fans will ignore entirely.

It's kind of ridiculous to say almost any starting QB in this league isn't tough. I might not be a fan of the Mannings or Flacco but I've seen them take some huge hits keep on plugging away.

Saying that you need to hit the quarterback is like saying grass is green. Saying the top guys can't take a hit is just idiotic.

Against Brady I think the smarter argument is you need to push the middle of the pocket so he can't step up. The way he slides in the pocket or steps up is second to none. People make a big deal about Rodgers, Wilson, Ben and others scrambling but that is Brady's scramble. Only Marino and a handful of others have ever been as successful moving a foot here, two feet there to get separation and time while still looking downfield and knowing they are going to get clobbered.

I have to think I'm not the only person here who thinks a very, very high % of professionals are using. I'd be much more surprised if today's stars AREN'T using.

First that was a jab at Simpel's failing argument of why we should prefer JG over TB. He decided to reach into the HGH territory and since he decided to resort to the nuclear option I thought the "We hit Brady twenty times and he kept getting up" stuff would support his diarrhetic HGH point. You see, I was just trying to be helpful. :D

But to your point Brady doesn't take HGH. If the league went after 0.03 psi I'm sure they would destroy Brady over one vial of HGH found within a ten mile radius of Tom's house. IMO

Side note: I personally don't care if players take HGH especially QB's. As far as I know HGH won't improve a QB's pre snap and post snap reads which is what truly separates the JAGs from the elites. It isn't cannon arms.

I too believe that many players use HGH but not Brady.

First that was a jab at Simpel's failing argument of why we should prefer JG over TB. He decided to reach into the HGH territory and since he decided to resort to the nuclear option I thought the "We hit Brady twenty times and he kept getting up" stuff would support his diarrhetic HGH point. You see, I was just trying to be helpful. :D

But to your point Brady doesn't take HGH. If the league went after 0.03 psi I'm sure they would destroy Brady over one vial of HGH found within a ten mile radius of Tom's house. IMO

Side note: I personally don't care if players take HGH especially QB's. As far as I know HGH won't improve a QB's pre snap and post snap reads which is what truly separates the JAGs from the elites. It isn't cannon arms.

I think his pajamas are made with HGH and you "intake" it by osmosis. That's why they're so expensive.

I have the pajamas but for some reason nothing has grown since I started "using" them.:(

When something is so toxic, it is usually better to just allow it to whither on it's own than to respond..

Last edited:
When something is so toxic, it is usually better to just allow it to whither on it's own than respond..

I agree. Maybe my toxic meter is out of calibration. I was just having fun with it.

It's not HGH - it's the avocado oil rubbed in each night by the world's highest-paid supermodel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back