PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders accuses Colts of stealing signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone watch the NFL Network after the game last night? Deion Sanders let a bombshell out when they were talking about the Pats legacy and Spygate was brought up. He interrupted right away and said that everyone in the NFL knew the Colts were stealing signals.

Here's an article and link

Deion Sanders has the New England Patriots’ back.

During a discussion on NFL Network after the Patriots won the Super Bowl over the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in overtime, Sanders backed up the Pats regarding the team’s legacy.

Fellow analyst LaDainian Tomlinson noted that detractors would bring up Spygate as something that tarnishes the legacy of the Patriots and causes a reason for them to have an asterisk. Sanders vigorously dismissed such talk.

“Did those critics say anything about the wins that the Indianapolis Colts had? Because they were getting everybody’s signals,” Sanders said on NFL Network after the game.

“C’mon, you walk up to the line and you look over here and the man on the sideline is giving you the defense that they’ve stolen the plays of. We all knew. Everybody in the NFL knew; we just didn’t let the fans know,” a passionate Sanders said.

“That was real and that was happening in Indy.”

The fire was alive inside Deion as he spoke those words. He talked like a man who felt personally cheated by some of the Colts teams.

Some like Ray Lewis have said that the Pats deserve an asterisk because of Spygate, but Sanders says no.

Some could also call into question whether Deion has a personal bias against Indy, because he’s gone hard after Peyton Manning in the past, although he never specified what years the Colts cheated.

Honestly, and maybe it's because I'm still on a high right now, but I couldn't care less about any of these alleged scandals, be it NE or any other team. All I know and care about on this day is NE now stands alone, as does our coach and QB. Tom has been called the greatest throughout national and local media today, even by players and media who were reluctant to do it before - Reggieb Wayne, Max Kellerman, McNabb, L. Tomlinson and the rest.

Tom has even been compared to contemporary greats, like Jordan. C'mon. Try harder (not you, OP). Nothing anyone has to say mattered to me before this game. It matters even less than nothing now.

I remember Jimmy Johnson saying the Colts had the best signal taper in the league(there Oline coach?) when he stuck up for BB.

I was watching that and was like woah. They went to a quick commercial.

Nothing will come of it cuz its not the Patriots and there's no proof but it does give me a greater man crush on Mr Sanders. The greatest "cover" CB I have ever seen as well as a analyst that always has the Patriots back.

This is a thread from 2007 about one Howard Mudd.

Howard Mudd

No Indy wasn't stealing signals, other teams were not doing their job of guarding their plays. But major props to Sanders for calling reality.

Note to teams (shhh let's keep it a secret): other teams want to know what you will do on the next play. Come up with a system that makes it too difficult to decode by the opposing sideline.

Belichick is 5 weeks behind.. time to catch up.

5 weeks behind is still seasons ahead of the majority of clowns that coach other teams though :D

#Coltscheatingfinalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye