PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

defensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan7983

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it - I was wondering if/when a new defensive coordinator was announced. Shouldn't he be around when scouting combines and free agency take place? I was expecting him to be announced shortly after Patricia leaving...

Maybe I missed it - I was wondering if/when a new defensive coordinator was announced. Shouldn't he be around when scouting combines and free agency take place? I was expecting him to be announced shortly after Patricia leaving...
No official announcement, yet. Belichick isn’t normally in a hurry to make these designations, and we’ve had years where no official DC has been named. As a matter of fact, I don’t think we had a coordinator on either side of the hall for the 2010 season, and yet the team went 14-2.

I’m guessing that it’s Flores as the DC in training for this season, and that he formally takes over in 2019. Just a guess, though.

Two years ago, the coaching changes weren’t announced until March 18.

Belichick usually has the heir do the job for a year and then gives them the title.

So no Schiano, is that official? Did he sign up for a college job already?

So no Schiano, is that official? Did he sign up for a college job already?
Ohio State bumped his pay from $700k to $1.5 million to get him to stay.

Did Greg send Matt a big Thank You note??? :D

Whether they announce it this year or next, it's Flores.
Like Ivan mentioned,BB sometimes waits a year to bestow the title. But you can be sure he's already gotten a major pay raise to go along with the added responsibilities. I actually like how BB handles it. He does everything for a reason and this takes some pressure off Flores.

But I wanted to say something.
There's that guy in Detroit...who knows how long he'll last there. I mean, he's been here before; his name has 'Pat' in it (as in "Pats"trisha; He wore the clown shirt and that beard needs to grow back. Lions may not be patient with him.

There's that guy in Detroit...who knows how long he'll last there. I mean, he's been here before; his name has 'Pat' in it (as in "Pats"trisha; He wore the clown shirt and that beard needs to grow back. Lions may not be patient with him.

All I know is that Matt Patricia never won a super bowl without Brian Flores. :D

There you go..

We may not not get to give him the title before he becomes a hc or DC with more money or power.
Would like to know if Schiano was formally offered DC ahead of Flores.

We may not not get to give him the title before he becomes a hc or DC with more money or power.
Would like to know if Schiano was formally offered DC ahead of Flores.

I seriously doubt that.
Would go against everything BB has stood for. Not to mention would be VERY unpopular with Patriots players and coaching staff. And would make no sense- Flores, by all accounts, is on track to be a coaching superstar. Why would BB risk losing him after he already invested 14 years in the dude?
BB is very tight with Schiano-and would probably have a job for him if he wanted it- but I think it would be more as a consultant. I also think BB would be open with him and tell him Flores was gonna be his DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST