PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense Blew Game, OL Blew Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Nah...that would be too easy. The better team always wins or nearly inexplicably allows the lesser team to. Just ask the Rams, they are still stickin' to that story. In fact they now think they got cheated into losing because how else could an upstart have beaten the greatest show on turf? It couldn't possibly have been the same way a relatively dysfunctional Giants team beat the most prolific offense in the history of the league the second time around...better depth and execution on defense all night long and better execution on a nearly nameless offense down the stretch?

Whaaaaaaaaaaa...

The team has moved on and so have I. Hopefully having survived the worst thing that will ever befall any of us. If in fact it was, consider yourself lucky...as both a fan and a human being. I've personally experienced lots worse, on and off my TV...:rolleyes:

No need to roll your eyes at me, me comment was spoken as a "things that dont directly happen to me" type thing...It makes me sick to my stomach on a level that a sports team (who I love) losing can make me sick to my stomach. Obviously, if it were compared to say, a family member dying of cancer, it wouldnt even compare...but since this is a football board, I'm mostly talking about feelings I get from watching football...you understand?, and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but did I make my point?

Maybe the Pats just got beaten by a better team?

You really think that the Giants were a better team? Most people are buying the fact that the Giants are a fluke and will prove to be come this season. Last year, the Giants were mediocre all season long and just happened to get lucky against the Cowboys and the Packers before needing a miracle to beat the Patriots. Had Brett Favre not thrown such a careless and lazy pass in overtime, the Packers would have been in the superbowl. Had Patrick Crayton not dropped that easy pass for a potential long gain or touchdown would have put the Giants away. Like the Packers, the Patriots were given every opprotunity to wrap up that game with Manning throwing two balls that should have been picked off and should have beenn sacked before that miracle throw to Tyree. I know these are just excuses but the point I'm making is that the Giants were a team that would just hang around and hope the other team would make a mistake not a team like the Patriots that would put their foot on your throat from beginning to end (which many crybabies were complaining about when accused of running up the score). Say all you want about how good the Giants pass rush was, it still wasn't good enough because the Patriots were winning with 2:38 remaining in the game. Samuel blew it for not intercepting that pass, Merriweather blew it for not intercepting another pass, the whole secondary blew it for not helping Rodney Harrison break up the miracle pass to Tyree. And finally, the coaching staff blew for leving Hobbs on an island with a reciever that is 6-5 only to catch the winning touchdown pass. In the end, the Giants were not a better team than the Pats in Feburary and will not be a better team this season. Just like the Pats were not a better team than the Rams in superbowl 36 or the Raiders in the divisional playoff. The Pats were getting ouplayed the entire game until the "tuck rule" pretty much crushed the Raiders. If we thought that last season was an F*** You to the NFL, just wait until this season. The only people that wanted the Pats to win the superbowl were fans like us. They have joined the Cowboys as the New York Yankees of football; everybody hates them. Although it's up to the Patriots players, I really think we will see what we saw last season; a lot of blowouts and people crying about the Pats running up the score. The Pats secondary may struggle but there aren't going to be many defenses that can stop the Pats assault. I hope the none of the Pats players talks to any major sports network like ESPN and quietly kicks the crap out of every team they face. I'm very excited to see how the Pats react to that superbowl loss.

I still say it was the Football Karma Gods.:cool:

Ugh. Just what I wanted in July, more SB coverage.

My own mourning period has not quite come to an end, and my first Super Bowl analysis will probably come out in the next few weeks. (Feel free to skip over it when the time comes.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back