PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 3 pre draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some Good Slot WR's with upside remaining in Khalil Shakir - Bo Melton and Kyle Phillips. Other intriguing WR prospects includes Kevin Austin Jr - Romeo Doubs and Justyn Ross. Very good value here for guys who could contribute in year one.
Ross would have been a high 2nd rounder if not for that debilitating disease. There are doubts he will ever play football again. Maybe use a 6th on him, no higher

I hope they keep all 4 4th round picks and if need be get an extra 4th by trading up. There seems to be a lot of value in the remaining guyz .

Calvin Austin, enagbare , bo Melton, Matt araiza are my binkies for day 3.
Enagbare is a Rosey Colvin type. Love to see him on the Patriots

I'm not sure another WR will be drafted

If there is it will either be Doubs (major pre-draft interest) or Melton (Rutgers/Schiano)

If there is it will either be Doubs (major pre-draft interest) or Melton (Rutgers/Schiano)
He liked Schiano defenses. Not so sure about the offense.

Those wanting developmental OTs, I recall some scouts talking about the tackles after the combine. A lot of the were talking about how stiff many of the guys were comparatively.

I wonder if a lot of players that in the past would be playing tackle are now gravitating to other spots on the field.

Maybe this is why Belichick placed such a premium on Strange. We're not seeing athletes at the OL positions anymore.

Recall that Bruce Armstrong was a TE before sliding over to tackle. I wonder if today the reverse is happening, players are moving toward TE and DE.

I was intrigued by what the scouts were saying. They were very very down on tackles in this draft in particular.

Developmental OT, another CB, IDL fatty, pass-catching RB, Edge, maybe ILB (they seem pretty content with what they have).

Looks like no LBs to be picked....

PATS PULPIT (today):

The further down the list you go, the more such instances you can find. And so, entering the third and final day of the draft, the Patriots have not added to their off-the-ball linebacker group yet.

If director of player personnel Matt Groh is to be believed, however, that is very much by design: he and the team appear to be quite happy with the current linebacker situation.

Really excited about that group,” he said during his post-draft press conference on Friday night. “Excited to see Cam McGrone was able to get on the field a little bit last year, excited to see him be in an expanded role. He’s kind of an additional draft pick. You can kind of put him along there with the three guys that we’ve been able to add here today along with some of the other guys from last year.

“That all kind of counts to getting younger, getting faster, being a tough team. So being able to add Mack Wilson — I know a lot was going on in free agency, and it was a trade and not a signing — but I think that was a really important part of adding some depth to the linebacking corps along with being able to get Ja’Whaun Bentley back. Really excited to have him and his experience, as well.”

At the moment, Bentley, Wilson, McGrone and Raekwon McMillan are projected as the top four at the position. All of them come with their fair share of questions, though, which led to linebacker being seen as a need in the pre-draft process.

Besides a boatload of defense, I'm really fascinated by Rutgers RB Pacheco - 4.37 / 27! reps on bench (JWhite 23, DHarris 16, Rham 15, Ty Mont 16, JJ 19). Played QB in HS. PStrong's better but like someone else on the board said, Beankies choose you, not the other way around.

I wonder if the Pats will draft an outside corner after going slot corner with the last pick. Woolen or McCollum would be great developmental prospects.

I would like to see at least one more offensive lineman preferably (Faalele, Walker or Salyer).

There are still some quality lb (Brandon Smith) and d lineman left.

On top of the players I mentioned I’m hoping today is finally the day Harry is traded.
Don't hold your breath he's that bad. :rofl:

Last edited:
I don’t care what position. I just want good players. Just hit on picks.

I would also love if we were able to trade a 4th for another 3rd next year

Rasheed Walker Penn State looks like a nice Back up O-Tackle. Also OT Daniel Faalele = Trent Brown Jr massive Manchild.

With future contracts in mind RB should be addressed today. Pierce and Rachaad White r4, Haskins or Kyren Williams later on.

Would love to add one of shakir, Phillips, Austin, Doubs, Melton to the fold. It’s a deep wr class, our clogged room right now shouldn’t deter us from adding more talent.

OL-one more please. Still nervous about our OT situation; No confidence in both of our starters staying healthy.

DL-An interior run stopper and an Edge would be nice.

LB-Beavers, JoJo Domann

CB-Mccullom, Wooten, One of the Bama corners

I don’t care what position. I just want good players. Just hit on picks.

I would also love if we were able to trade a 4th for another 3rd next year

That’s the only way I’m moving one of the 4s is if I get a round increase next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back