PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Day 2 Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A blocking TE is a no brainer - maybe two...

I see them taking additional CBs and LBs and TEs in particular - same with UDFAs - get them into camp throw them around and see what sticks.

Guys I happen to like:

QB: Erik Ainge, Andre Woodson

RB: Cory Boyd, Jamaal Charles, Mike Hart, Jacob Hester, Owen Schmitt, Kevin Smith

WR: Adarius Bowman, Bubba Caldwell, Early Doucet

TE: Brad Cottam

OL: Mackenzy Bernadeau, Kerry Brown, Oneal Cousins, Tony Hills, James Lee, Drew Miller, Roy Schuening, Eric Young

DL: Lionel Dotson, Kendall Langford, Bryan Mattison, Dre Moore, Frank Okam, DeMario Pressley,

LB: Cliff Avril, Shawn Crable, Bruce Davis, Jonathan Goff, Erin Hernderson, Philip Wheeler

DB: Josh Barrett, Caleb Campbell, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey, Chevis Jackson, Corey Lynch, Jamie Silva, Reggie Smith, DeJuan Tribble, Jack Williams, Trae Williams, Travis Williams,

Day Two is going to be exciting with three picks in round 3. I'd like to see at least one LB in this round, DB isn't as urgent since there will still be a number of quality CBs in the 4th round and some will last to the 5th by the looks of things. DL and TE would seem to be the next higher priority based on projected players available later, though I think I'd be willing to forego a TE to take one of the better remaining OL to compete with Hochstein and Yates. LB, NT, OL - that sounds good.

LB: Darnell Robertson, Cliff Avril, Bryan Kehl, Jeremy Thompson, Jonathan Goff
DB: Chevis Jackson, Reggie Smith, Tyvon Branch, Charles Godfrey, Antwaun Molden, Quintin Demps
DL: Red Bryant, Kendall Langford, Ahtyba Rubin

WR: Earl Bennett, Early Doucet, Andre Caldwell
TE: Brad Cottam, Jermichael Finley
OL: Mike McGlynn, Anthony Collins, Jeremy Zuttah, Roy Schuening, Oneil Cousins, Steve Justice, John Sullivan
RB:
QB:

Good thread, my targets by position

QB: Kevin O'Connell
RB: Jamaal Charles, Cory Boyd, Chad Simpson
WR: Andre Caldwell, Keenan Burton, Darius Reynaud, Davone Bess, Mario Manningham (6th or 7th round only for Mario and his issues)
TE: Brad Cottam, Jermichael Finley, Kellen Davis, Craig Stevens
OL: Jeremy Zuttah, John Greco, ONeil Cousins, Donald Thomas, Geoff Schwartz, Jamey Richard, Brandon Keith, Roy Schuening

DE: Kendall Langford, Dre Moore, Keilen Dykes, Marcus Harrison
NT: Red Bryant, Ahtyba Rubin, Jason Shirley (7th round or FA only with issues)
LB: Shawn Crable, Bryan Smith, Cliff Avril, Jeremy Thompson, Beau Bell, Marcus Howard, Stanford Keglar, Darrell Robertson, Tommy Blake (7th round or FA only)
CB: Tyvon Branch (S) Justin King, Antwaun Molden, Charles Godfrey (S), Orlando Scandrick, Jack Ikegwuouno, Zack Bowman, Chevis Jackson

S: Josh Barrett, Quentin Demps, Dominique Barber, Reggie Smith

Alot of the same guys:
OLB-Avril
RB-Charles/Smith
WR-Manningham/Hawkins/Doucet
OL-Cousins/Collins/Zuttah
DL-Bryant
CB-Molden
S/CB-Demps

Last edited:
chevis jackson anyone?

three picks in the third:

Cliff Avril
Chevis Jackson
Jon Goff

My best scenario!

Being a vandy student, I would love to see both goff and bennet going to the pats. I think bennet could make a great number 2, keeping welker in the slot. He is big but quick and has been great in the SEC. While I hate to see him leave Vandy (as he was our team with the loss of chris at OL) i would love to see him join the pats

forgot to mention this, but with the NFL ignoring WRs in this draft, earl could be easily aquired. Also, I can tell you that Goff is very smart. He had something like a 3.7 GPA in one of the hardest majors on campus

I had Mayo as #5 on my Pats board and Wheatley at #29.

Highest rated players still left on my Pats Board:

1. Cliff Avril #16
2. Jeremy Zuttah #35
3. Charles Godfrey #46
4. Shawn Crable #47
5. Craig Stevens #51

Day Two is going to be exciting with three picks in round 3. I'd like to see at least one LB in this round, DB isn't as urgent since there will still be a number of quality CBs in the 4th round and some will last to the 5th by the looks of things. DL and TE would seem to be the next higher priority based on projected players available later, though I think I'd be willing to forego a TE to take one of the better remaining OL to compete with Hochstein and Yates. LB, NT, OL - that sounds good.

LB: Darnell Robertson, Cliff Avril, Bryan Kehl, Jeremy Thompson, Jonathan Goff
DB: Chevis Jackson, Reggie Smith, Tyvon Branch, Charles Godfrey, Antwaun Molden, Quintin Demps
DL: Red Bryant, Kendall Langford, Ahtyba Rubin

WR: Earl Bennett, Early Doucet, Andre Caldwell
TE: Brad Cottam, Jermichael Finley
OL: Mike McGlynn, Anthony Collins, Jeremy Zuttah, Roy Schuening, Oneil Cousins, Steve Justice, John Sullivan
RB:
QB:
A great list...I would add....
LB----(Avril, Goff and Kehl**)...I would add J Lehman, Shawn Crable, Bruce Davis
DB----(Jackson, Branch, Demps**)--I would add Josh Barrett, Craig Steltz, Pig Brown
DL---I would add Frank Okam
OL----(McGlynn, Schuening, Justice, Sullivan) I would add Geoff Scwartz, John Greco, Robert felton and Kory Lichtensteiger
TE----I would add JJ Finley
WR---I would add Marcus Smith
RB---I would add Tashad Choice and Justin Forsett

Day 2 Targets at CB for the Patriots:
Chevis Jackson
Ikegwuonu: he'll go late in the draft (6th round I'm guessing) because of the injury and other concerns, but was a very good player, and the Patriots could red shirt him for a year.
Orlando Scandrick
Jack Williams
DeJuan Tribble
Jack Williams

More positions to come (was going to do this last night, but I had some stuff to get done)

Last edited:
I'll go with C.Avril, C.Jackson and C.Stevens. Wouldn't be shocked if we took J.Charles from Texas.

Branch and Godfrey at CB/FS
Steltz at SS
Kehl,Bell and Thomson at LB
Collins & Dunlap at OT and Schuening at OG McGlynn at OL

Hester at RB/FB
Bryant at DT

Take a chance on tommy Blake?

Joe jon Finley at blocking TE and the kid from Louisville.

I'd love to snag Avril with the 6th pick of this upcoming 3rd round. I still think by position

Rush LB
CB
OL

is where the Pats need to go in the 3rd unless of course there is someone of high value at another position. Rush LB I'd say is the most important as of right now.

WR
Earl Bennett
Early Doucet
Andre Caldwell
Josh Johnson (College QB, who'll convert to possession WR)
Lavelle Hawkins
Burton
Reynaud

RB
Kevin Smith
Tashard Choice
Jamaal Charles
Steve Slaton
Thomas Brown
Andre Callender
Xavier Omon
Note: Quite a few of these guys are of the third down back variety.

FB
Hester
Schmitt
Hillis

TE
Cottam
Craig Stevens
Jermichael Finley
Kellen Davis
Joey Haynos [Tallest TE in the draft]
Matt Sherry

OT
Nicks
Greco
Hills

OG
Cousins
Zuttah
Schuening

FS
Reggie Smith (FS/CB)
Demps

SS
Barrett
Zbikowski
Morgan (SS/FS)
Craig Steltz
Adams
Silva

ILB
Jonathan Goff
Erin Henderson (ILB/OLB hyrid) [I'm not completely sold on his fit for the system]
Philip Wheeler [I'm not completely sold on his fit for the system]
Jameel McClain
Jeremy Leman
Stanford Keglar

OLB
Cliff Avril
Darrell Robertson
Ezra Butler [played in a 34, started his career out at DT, had good numbers at OLB]
Shawn Crable
Bruce Davis

D-line
Red Bryant
Athyba Rubin
Frank Okam
Dre Moore

Last edited:
Using nfldraftscout.com as a resource (projected round and overall ranking):

2 OLB Cliff Avril (56)
2-3 DE Darrell Robertson (74) (sleeper)
3 QB Josh Johnson (84)
3 ILB Jonathan Goff (90)
3 FS Quintin Demps (92)
3-4 OG Mike McGlynn (94)
3-4 OLB Shawn Crable (99)
3-4 CB Charles Godfrey (102)
3-4 CB Chevis Jackson (103)
3-4 DT Red Bryant (106)
3-4 FS Thomas DeCoud (113)
4 OLB Bruce Davis (128)
4 TE Craig Stevens (129)
4 CB Jack Williams (134) (for Dean Pees)
4-5 DT Ahtyba Rubin (138)
4-5 FS Corey Lynch (147)
5 WR Keenan Burton (164) (sleeper)
7-FA OG Kerry Brown (278)

Suggest everyone refer to the Pats workouts and visits list:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=79351&page=3

Good thread, my targets by position

QB: Kevin O'Connell
RB: Jamaal Charles, Cory Boyd, Chad Simpson
WR: Andre Caldwell, Keenan Burton, Darius Reynaud, Davone Bess, Mario Manningham (6th or 7th round only for Mario and his issues)
TE: Brad Cottam, Jermichael Finley, Kellen Davis, Craig Stevens
OL: Jeremy Zuttah, John Greco, ONeil Cousins, Donald Thomas, Geoff Schwartz, Jamey Richard, Brandon Keith, Roy Schuening

DE: Kendall Langford, Dre Moore, Keilen Dykes, Marcus Harrison
NT: Red Bryant, Ahtyba Rubin, Jason Shirley (7th round or FA only with issues)
LB: Shawn Crable, Bryan Smith, Cliff Avril, Jeremy Thompson, Beau Bell, Marcus Howard, Stanford Keglar, Darrell Robertson, Tommy Blake (7th round or FA only)
CB: Tyvon Branch (S) Justin King, Antwaun Molden, Charles Godfrey (S), Orlando Scandrick, Jack Ikegwuouno, Zack Bowman, Chevis Jackson

S: Josh Barrett, Quentin Demps, Dominique Barber, Reggie Smith
Congrats Doc! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes