Danny Amendola is a free agent

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Danny Amendola: age 36, hurt for part of last season in Houston, now on the market. Probably not much left in the tank but it appears he wants to keep playing. As I recall he was pissed at the Pats for not extending him after agreeing to restructures, so a curtain call here is highly unlikely for that and other reasons. You might say he was under-appreciated during his time as a Patriot. It'll be interesting to see if he signs somewhere or calls it a career.

Time to…
tired over it GIF

If they’re looking for a cheap slot vet, I’d rather get Humphries for a couple of years.

At his peak, he produced about as much as Meyers does for us now.

I'd sign him for a playoff run though.

never forget his 2017 AFC championship game performance when he was the #1 target after gronkowski left the game...toe tap at the back of the end zone was legendary

I prefer they continue to go with younger players who will grow in the system. Danny was great though.

Amendola hates Belichick for making him take paycut after paycuit when he was here. I don’t see this happening.

Amendola hates Belichick for making him take paycut after paycuit when he was here. I don’t see this happening.
This made me chuckle. DA hates BB because the HC made him take a pay cut. Sign or don’t sign, DA. It’s your choice, ultimately. Or should I organize a bottle drive in the village (or a bake sale) to help him pay the bills ?

DA might indeed hate BB. But the latter didn’t force anyone to sign anything.

This made me chuckle. DA hates BB because the HC made him take a pay cut. Sign or don’t sign, DA. It’s your choice, ultimately. Or should I organize a bottle drive in the village (or a bake sale) to help him pay the bills ?

DA might indeed hate BB. But the latter didn’t force anyone to sign anything.

That's a good point. As it turns out, Danny spent five years in New England, the most he's had with any team (had four seasons with Rams). Then it was on to Miami, Detroit and Houston. So he's done pretty well for himself logging 13 seasons as an overachieving oft-injured journeyman. I loved the heady one-two punch of Amendola and Edelman, the stuff of Patriots lore.

No thanks. Mac needs a young/talented/reliable chain mover.

He can go to Tampa.

One of my least favorite patriot players, ever.

Hard pass.

Id rather bring back Damiere Byrd than Danny Amendola.

Didn’t Byrd sign with the Bears?
No clue tbh... It was the first name I thought of when I was thinking about some of the meh receivers weve had kicking around here

In a playoff game, if my life depended on one catch, I would take Amendola over anyone that I have seen in the last 20 odd years. Never understood why he could not replicate his playoff play in the regular season.

He is way past it now.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back