PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Skipper waived

Status
Not open for further replies.
As great as Wynn could be, he alone will not solve the O line problems.
I don't believe it anymore. We've been hearing how great Wynn could be for 2 years now and he's barely been on the field. At some point the ability to stay on the field IS a factor in your ability and Wynn is way, WAY past that point.

He can't make The Texans or Patriots with their offensive lines.

What do the Lions think they are getting?
Their right tackle was concussed on Sunday and the OT on their practice squad is in his first year of converting from DT. They just need a body.

Newhouse is a backup, I don't know why folks expect him to be Jonathan Ogden...or even Matt Light
Backup should be able to step in and not miss much of a step....not as elite as starter , but not be a sieve....Newhouse has been horrific ....slow and piss poor ....one of worst ever here

I don't believe it anymore. We've been hearing how great Wynn could be for 2 years now and he's barely been on the field. At some point the ability to stay on the field IS a factor in your ability and Wynn is way, WAY past that point.
Needs to not only start this coming week....but has to play all way into Super Bowl (see what I did there?!)....if not he is in bust territory!

You are right ....they both suck....and add Lacosse in there too...what a waste

Funny how this was a Dan Skipper is cut thread and the talk carries forward to how bad Newhouse is.

Ryan Izzo is happy to get a break

Veldheer, Schwenke and Dielman retired, along with Gronk. Wynn and Andrews were medically disabled, along with Develin and Johnson, while trades for Cunningham, Eluemunor and Bodine brought zip. Then Mason suddenly became a turnstile. No help in the draft. As far as blocking goes, this is about a worst case scenario, no? But Scar has been working on it and they have improved (4 ypc last week). Wynn returns in a couple weeks and LaCosse as well. 8-1 so far. Blocking should get better.
Fair point....meanwhile cannon has been shaky and Newhouse will be back at UPS soon....more news at 11.....

As great as Wynn could be, he alone will not solve the O line problems.
Very true and that’s what honestly worries me most....needed to get more OL, TE or good FB help prior to trade deadline and nothing accomplished....tough road ahead

Needs to not only start this coming week....but has to play all way into Super Bowl (see what I did there?!)....if not he is in bust territory!

Wynn can't start 'this coming week' he isn't eligible to return until the Cowboys game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots