Dan Fouts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"If he had made that catch, it's an easy (70 yard) TD"

Was it Fouts who said on about 12 occasions that had the catch been secured, it would have been a TD? Just off the top of my head...

Seven yard slant to Amendola...would have been a 70 yard TD, even though a defender had a good angle on the tackle. "With Amendola's speed, that's a foot race to the end zone he probably wins."

Edelman's diving drop down at around the three yard line (right before Gronk's first TD)...even though he would have caught it with two defenders already tackling him.

Sean Smith's would-be INT at the Pats 40 where he couldn't secure a ball Edelman bobbled to him. Edelman was also in the process of tackling his legs. "No doubt he would have taken that in for a TD."

One of the Chiefs RBs coming out of the backfield at the Pats 40 on a seven yard pass with a linebacker right behind him. Pointed out it very well could have been a touchdown.

LoL

Last edited:
He was so gutted when Edelman caught that ball thrown behind him by the sideline. "His elbow hits the chalk?" he mused, as the replay showed said elbow to be a good 6 inches away.

He was pathetic throughout, and clearly wanted the Chiefs to win.

Fouts was embarrassing. He got so much wrong, and missed on a lot of opportunities to add something useful. Just really bad.

Just another day at the office for Dan. He's terrible, but to his credit, he's consistent. Consistently terrible.

Although on that Amendola crosser, that definitely had some room to go. Not a TD, but would have been a big play because it looked like the other WRs on that side had gone deep to draw their defenders.

Fouts was particularly bad yesterday. I don't know if I ever noticed before but he was really downplaying any potential penalty plays by the Chiefs and overstated anything done by the Pats.

I'm not someone who pays much attention to commentators or refs for that matter but I really noticed the distinction yesterday. I don't think I've ever noticed that with a regular broadcaster before but I did with him.

He should have called the Steelers game, he's just like Big Ben and over exaggerates everything!

It's too bad that Ian Eagle is stuck with him. They should pull Mike Fratello from YES and let those two call the game, they're the best NBA announcing team bar none.

the jules bobble where the defender had a chance at it was the worst. He claims it would have been a pick 6, yet jules had already made the tackle.. wtf

I think he was trying to prove that there are worse things in life than Simms/Nantz, as do Buck/Aikman every time they bleat.
Aside from some over the top Peyton praise I really don't have a problem with Simms/Nantz. I feel like no matter who they throw in the booth people are going to complain they suck and the first compliment they give the other team they now hate your team.

An announcer doesn't have to be anti-Pats to want the other team to win. They are all just anti-dynasty, because for everyone but us, the League is more interesting if there are no clear favorites.

He was so gutted when Edelman caught that ball thrown behind him by the sideline. "His elbow hits the chalk?" he mused, as the replay showed said elbow to be a good 6 inches away.

at the end, he keep saying that kc MUST do this, they MUST do that! over and over like he's their coach lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back