Mixon- 13
Harris- 12

100+ rushing yard games this season
Taylor- 9
Chubb, Harris, Henry*- 5
Cook, Mitchell- 4
Mixon- 3

Last edited:
Harris has been really good. sometimes I wonder if the team would be better if they have him a bigger % of carries. they had injuries etc today, but why not give him the lion's share like Elliot, Taylor, cook etc. perhaps there's concern about durability but there are myriad very successful teams with a feature back and not with running game by committee that coach Bill has fallen in love with the last few years this year w Harris and Stephenson and last year w Harris and Newton splitting carries

Injury prone unfortunately. Too bad cause I think he could be a star and our first real home grown one at the position since Edwards.

Injury prone unfortunately.

He's missed as many games as Chubb the last 2 years and it would probably would be fewer because he could have played through the pinky injury but they decided to make sure it was something that didn't nag all year and got surgery and IR'd him the 1st 3 weeks given that they had Michel, Burkhead and White

Last edited:
He played well but it is important to not over use him before the playoffs.

Absolute beast. Everything I love in a running back. Just needs to stay healthy. If not that then keep the Thunder and Thunder tandem with Stevenson.

They’ll beat Jax, Miami will be iffy I think they’ll go in as underdogs in that one.
Heehee. I was paraphrasing Mora. It’s approx what he said after the high pitched « playoffs ?! »

Stevenson was extraordinary in the bills wind game... Not sure how he got through many of those holes. He was missed yesterday... We need them both

Harris is a great running back and no doubt maybe he deserves a bellcow role but given his injury history and the general trend in the NFL ..for his career and longevity, it's prob best he remains in a rbbc as a lead dog.

Of course that's me the selfish couch sitting fan saying that. If he makes it to FA without the pats extending him and paying him ..he should absolutely chase the money. His playing style prob means he only gets 1 shot at securing the bag. He should absolutely do that.

RBBC is the way to keep these guys going. Too much wear and tear to expect Harris to take 25-30 touches a game or something like that.

Harris and Rham are the future of the running game, if they can stay healthy.

RBBC is the way to keep these guys going. Too much wear and tear to expect Harris to take 25-30 touches a game or something like that.

Harris and Rham are the future of the running game, if they can stay healthy
I don't disagree. However asking a player like Harris to turn down a lucrative offer to be a bellcow else where vs. taking a team friendly deal here to split work with rham and co is a diff discussion. As a fan I absolutely hope he sticks around...as a man, I absolutely understand if he takes the pay day.

Always liked Harris but RB is such a weird position i.e. one minute you're the man, the next you're always injured and washed. Still can't believe how quickly a stud like Gurley unravelled. Not a position I'd ever want us to spend big $ on.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back