PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Jumbotron blocks punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well if it has to be taken down then I'm sure Jerry Jones bought a big enough house to put it in his living room. :rolleyes:

Yeah...they probably should have thought that through a little more.

It's still a badass TV though...that stadium is NICE.

Oh that is funny.. great design....must have been by the same architect that designed their practice tent that collapsed in a storm....

so Jones won't move it....just wait til a Boys punt hits it and it bounces in the wrong direction giving the opponent great field position, enabling the Boys to lose......:eek:

Then he'll move it......

My favorite part was when he tried to defend it saying punters don't kick the ball high unless they are trying to pin an opponent deep and then they usually kick it to the side. I'm just wondering when the rest of the league learns his philosophy and starts to do hard-core line drives for punts.

The rulebooks say from what I understand that the down would be replayed if it hits interefering object such as this. Fisher was pissed that he had to use a challenge in order to get it replayed. So I'm sure if it happens in the regular season, the officials will be keeping a close eye on it or you will have coaches complaining to the league about burning challenge flags on this.

Does the screen need to be so big ? what is he trying to compensate for ;)

On the other hand, as lame as his explanation sounds, I would like to believe ( just a teeny tiny bit ) that there may be something to it given the fact that it is Jeff Fisher on the other side. That guy needs to be thrown out of the comp. comittee :mad:

Last edited:
they said on pft this is a 2.5 million dollar fix, and the league approved the design of the building. if the league approved it but now wants to make him change it, league should have to pay for it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back