PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

D-Mac says he’ll return to NE if Tom does

If we drafted better and didn't let go of tom too early we could have been contending for SBs STILL. The dynasty was cut years short because of Bill.. And for what? One playoff appearance and no wins. Lovely.
I think Bill explained it well why it ended when it did, it had to do with money. I would have loved to see TB finish his career here but paying him would have left a thin roster.

Conditions, eh? We don't need that c--p.
As for "it's a joke," that's what aholles always say, isn't it?
Ehhhhh. Got an "ugh" on this from Kdo5.
Probably deserved it. Probably shouldn't post until I've had a full cup of coffee.

I was kinda thinking the opposite lol. If your willing to play then you still want to play so he'll play regardless of QB. That said this was clearly joking around so hard to read anything either way unless TB does come back then we know lol.
Eh, either way I'm fine with it...
come back? Earn 9.7m...
don't come back/Retire? Thanks for a dozen years of great play, and glad we got multiple void years to help spread out that 9.7m dollar cap hit...

Great career here DMac but it’s time to hang it up!!! Enjoy your time in retirement!

I wanted Brady to come back until hearing it would mean McCourty is coming back too.

Non story. He’s done. TV beckons. Easy money.

Matthew Slater on the other hand….

I loved Brady when he was here. But he CHOSE to leave. People saying otherwise are being disingenuous.
I have a feeling you’re right and that Tom’s father would agree with you.

What do you think about N’Keal Harry? Was that the last straw? He was a rookie who couldn’t earn Tom’s trust. Apparently understandably so. Turned out to be a dreadful pick.

Why? Did he make reference again to the 69ers?
I had to laugh when he was talking about AJ Brown being "Swole Batman"

You are so damn jaded it's pathetic. BRADY is the one who cut it short. Not Belichick. BRADY is the one who decided prior to 2019, that he wasn't going to be back.

Like MANY Pats fans, I was a fan through the lean years. So I appreciate what we had with Brady. But he and Gronk made it clear they felt they were more important than Belichick.

People already look at Brady going to Tampa with an asterisk since the team was stacked on offense and defense. Look at what's happened since then. They got bounced in the divisional game and then had a losing record (Not all on Brady).

They are the 2nd worst in terms of salary cap going into next season with a predicted $-57.8M. (35M being for Brady's voided contract). Mike Evans is likely to be a Post June 1st Cap casualty since he already has 3 voided years on his deal. Carlton Davis is another likely cap casualty. They're probably scrambling to try and get Devon White to an extension to lower his cap hit. Donovan Smith is another likely post June 1st cap casualty.

Brady ran off Arians after just 2 seasons. THAT should be a HUGE red flag for everyone.

I loved Brady when he was here. But he CHOSE to leave. People saying otherwise are being disingenuous.
So much false information here that I can't even lol but I won't derail this thread Mac 10 and crawhammer are licking their chops

I like this thread already.

You are so damn jaded it's pathetic. BRADY is the one who cut it short. Not Belichick. BRADY is the one who decided prior to 2019, that he wasn't going to be back.

Like MANY Pats fans, I was a fan through the lean years. So I appreciate what we had with Brady. But he and Gronk made it clear they felt they were more important than Belichick.

People already look at Brady going to Tampa with an asterisk since the team was stacked on offense and defense. Look at what's happened since then. They got bounced in the divisional game and then had a losing record (Not all on Brady).

They are the 2nd worst in terms of salary cap going into next season with a predicted $-57.8M. (35M being for Brady's voided contract). Mike Evans is likely to be a Post June 1st Cap casualty since he already has 3 voided years on his deal. Carlton Davis is another likely cap casualty. They're probably scrambling to try and get Devon White to an extension to lower his cap hit. Donovan Smith is another likely post June 1st cap casualty.

Brady ran off Arians after just 2 seasons. THAT should be a HUGE red flag for everyone.

He chose to leave because what? They wouldn't give him the money/years he wanted AND the roster wasn't good enough to compete for a SB. Which goes back to my original points. If we drafted better and had a SB contending team and belichick gave him the years/money he wanted do you really think he still leaves? I don't. Again, which goes back to my original points.

Also, nobody with a brain looks at brady winning in Tampa with an asterisk. That team sucked until he went there. Literally went from a losing record to SB champs because of brady.

He chose to leave because what? They wouldn't give him the money/years he wanted AND the roster wasn't good enough to compete for a SB. Which goes back to my original points. If we drafted better and had a SB contending team and belichick gave him the years/money he wanted do you really think he still leaves? I don't. Again, which goes back to my original points.

Also, nobody with a brain looks at brady winning in Tampa with an asterisk. That team sucked until he went there. Literally went from a losing record to SB champs because of brady.

They went from a losing record to a SB due to a lot more reasons than Brady alone. Suggesting Brady singlehandedly lifted that team to a Super Bowl is so disrespectful to the rest of the players who contributed.

Want proof of that? Try that same logic for the Bucs’ past season … why wasn’t Brady able to singlehandedly lift the Bucs to a SB this season? The answer is the same: because it takes a *team* to win a SB. Brady is a tremendous QB and leader and would immediately make any team better. To imply he, alone, can win a SB - or that the Bucs didn’t have a lot of talent elsewhere on that team - is untrue.

They went from a losing record to a SB due to a lot more reasons than Brady alone. Suggesting Brady singlehandedly lifted that team to a Super Bowl is so disrespectful to the rest of the players who contributed. Want proof of that? Try that same logic for the Bucs’ past season … why wasn’t Brady able to singlehandedly lift the Bucs to a SB this season? The answer is the same: because it takes a *team* to win a SB

Yeah, no s***. No one player can win an NFL game. You know what I mean. QB is the most important position in football. Brady is the best QB of all time. He was the MAIN reason they won a SB that year. Not the only reason. That goes without saying.

lmao there really are still Bill over Brady defenders after three years of this crap. Wow.
The strange thing is people keep bringing it up after three years, as if they think they can finally convince someone to change their mind.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back