PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler for Peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My2Cents

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Does anybody else think that the easiest solution for both teams would be a Cutler for Peppers trade? I would expect the Panthers to throw in a #2, and for the Broncos to draft Mark Sanchez with their own #1. Is it just me, or is this very logical?

Last edited:
You are forgetting that Peppers has A LOT of leverage and unless he wants to play in Denver (and he's never said he would), then he won't be.

..................... and how is this draft talk :confused:

Last edited:
Does anybody else think that the easiest solution for both teams would be a Cutler for Peppers trade? I would expect the Panthers to throw in a #2, and for the Broncos to draft Mark Sanchez with their own #1. Is it just me, or is this very logical?
can denver afford that?

You are forgetting that Peppers has A LOT of leverage and unless he wants to play in Denver (and he's never said he would), then he won't be.

..................... and how is this draft talk :confused:

That's the key. Peppers hasn't signed the franchise tender and can essentially negotiate his own trade. Unless he is willing to go to Denver, it doesn't matter whether Carolina could get a better offer from them. He is effectively trying Carolina's hands.

Peppers wants to be a Patriot and I'm sure he's told John Fox and the Carolina brass that as well. That's why we're only talking about the #34 at this point instead of the #23.

With a $16.7 million franchise tender, Carolina might get our 3rd or 4th round pick.... and they will be thankful for it.

What is happening to Carolina is why we traded Cassel so fast. Having that huge amount of cap money tied up really screws you from doing anything in free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes