PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crazy throwback stat:Curtis Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is TRIGGERING me about a certain Steven Jackson game in 2015 that was the most frustratingly stupid decision Belichick has ever made.
dang... i forgot he even played a game for us

It was until the Super Bowl when they ran into a buzz saw or a Bears team that NOBODY was beating or even scoring on........... The very next day the Challenger blew up and people put things in perspective... it was just a game..

Except in NE, where fans be like "We'll build the next one up here, no way you'll have any problem with O rings OR D rings..."

2 days later was the Challenger explosion...

and the bears were so dominant even Grogan's mom knew they were in for it in that game...

still didn't stop me from thinking (despite not being able to move the ball a single yard in the first series after the fumblerooski) "Hey we scored first! We got a shot at this! The team that scores first usually wins!"

then tony eason happened...

Ditkas Chicago God like aura took a ding among Bears fans because he did not let Payton score a TD in the Super Bowl. Fridge Perry made a mockery of the Pats, but Ditka screwed Payton out of a TD that should have his.

Also, Ditka and Buddy Ryan were feuding. Ryan got carried off the field and so did Ditka.

and the bears were so dominant even Grogan's mom knew they were in for it in that game...

still didn't stop me from thinking (despite not being able to move the ball a single yard in the first series after the fumblerooski) "Hey we scored first! We got a shot at this! The team that scores first usually wins!"

Yup, mea culpa, I forgot it was two days later.

I was a huge Martin fan when I was a kid. It hurt when he went to the Jets, but I still loved watching the guy. Underrated I would say.

I wish I was old enough for the Sam Cunningham days. My dad was a big fan of his, so Ive heard the stories

So I’ve been looking back at the 96 team since that is the team that ultimately made me love football.

Here’s a crazy thing I noticed from the game against INDY that year.

The Pats opened with two really long drives, one for 10 plays and one for 11 plays.

So that’s 21 plays of which 18 of them were rushes by Curtis Martin!

Nowadays I raise an eyebrow when a runner rushes it three plays in a row. Martin received 18 in the first 21 plays. 9 of the first 10 plays were handoffs to Martin.

what a workhorse!
well he was young and indy’s run D must’ve been great

People forget he played for the Patriots, it seems.

well he was young and indy’s run D must’ve been great

the funny thing is that they weren’t gashing them by any means. Just methodical 3 and 4 yard runs that moved the chains and made for long drives

The game was over after Payton fumbled and the Patriots offense had to settle for the field goal 1 minute and 14 seconds into the game.

The game was over after Payton fumbled and the Patriots offense had to settle for the field goal 1 minute and 14 seconds into the game.
right... couldn't move the ball one yard (or less) after the fumble...

but hey! we scored first! < face palm >

Then wasn't it during the very next drive that Don Blackmon dropped what in all likelihood would've been a Pick-6 inside da Bears' 30-yard-line?

Then wasn't it during the very next drive that Don Blackmon dropped what in all likelihood would've been a Pick-6 inside da Bears' 30-yard-line?

The second pass by Eason to Stanley Morgan should have been caught... he had Singletary beat solid... easy td - a stroll to the goal - but butterfingers

Then very first pass McMahon threw on that second series... you got it Blackmon couldnt quite get it... he had a real good shot at the pick 6 no doubt about it... not cued up to the Blackmon play because you got to go to youtube to watch it, but the series starts at 7:34

Last edited:
The second pass by Eason to Stanley Morgan should have been caught... he had Singletary beat solid... easy td - a stroll to the goal - but butterfingers

Then very first pass McMahon threw on that second series... you got it Blackmon couldnt quite get it... he had a real good shot at the pick 6 no doubt about it... not cued up to the Blackmon play because you got to go to youtube to watch it, but the series starts at 7:34

I would give this post a Like or a Thank You, but I can't seem to find those icons in this new format...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back