PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cowherd thinks BB retires after the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB has said his biggest regret is missing his kids grow up because of football.

BB gets to work side by side with his kids doing the things he likes best, football and teaching.

Unless Bill's booted out, why would he leave that?

Cowherd does not have sources and there are several people that when it comes to the Patriots would have put this out there before him if their was validity to it. Doesn't mean Bill couldn't decide at some point over the year to retire.

Could happen and yeah he is 70 but I’d be surprised if it’s now. The “program going backwards” if true which it isn’t is a reason why Bill would want to stay even more.

Imagine if he does retire. Matt P is probably the new HC yeah good luck with that.

Last edited:
And I shudder thinking Bob might pick his next head coach the way he picks his massage therapists. Jeez, Bob, you've got a billion bucks and that's who you end up with? I have a fondness for the phenotype, too, and you couldn't have done worse...

People who have only followed an alltime winning franchise (millennials and younger) don’t know that what NE was able to accomplish since 2001 is once-in-a-lifetime.

As pre millenium follower of this team and an Expos fan, I am baffled at how much crying there is about BB. He doesn’t chuckle at stupid reporters’ questions. He doesn’t idolize his star players.

I have absolutely loved the winning. I have no doubt that other coaches would have been unable to reach 7-9 w Cam, nor make the playoffs with the 5th rookie QB taken in the draft.

I hope BB sticks around.

Jim Namtz said he had it on good authority that Belichick was retiring if they beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl, in early February 2006.

People who have only followed an alltime winning franchise (millennials and younger) don’t know that what NE was able to accomplish since 2001 is once-in-a-lifetime.

As pre millenium follower of this team and an Expos fan, I am baffled at how much crying there is about BB. He doesn’t chuckle at stupid reporters’ questions. He doesn’t idolize his star players.

I have absolutely loved the winning. I have no doubt that other coaches would have been unable to reach 7-9 w Cam, nor make the playoffs with the 5th rookie QB taken in the draft.

I hope BB sticks around.
Expos, ha ha. Didn't they have a good team once with Andre Dawson, tho? I've been in Houston since 2005 and have watched the Texans [lightly] since they started, and they are well on their way to being an all-time inept franchise. Inept is much more common than well-run. I totally agree that what we've had with the Bill (and Brady and Kraft) Pats is amazing, unique, and likely never duplicated. I hope he stays till he's 90.

You know, I read the title and thought, "Okay, not far fetched." When you've got a coach in his 70's, any given year could be the year they decide they just can't do the grind anymore and it's time to move on. I don't personally think BB is there yet, but would it surprise me? Definitely not. Hell, you could even argue that bringing back Patricia and Judge, to be there with Mayo and Stevie, gives the Patriots a pool of internal coaches for them to consider for his replacement (with Matt and Joe getting some extra rounding by working the offense).

But then Cowherd had to go all wonky-donks and say it's because Kraft is sick of him and the team sucks and this is still about losing Tom and all these tabloid things that might have one kernel of truth blown up into a whole corn cob of controversy.

This is why modern sports media drives me bananas. There IS an intelligent discourse that can be had about possibilities in the industry. But the money is made by fanning the flames, so it always just devolves into the angle with the hottest takes.

Bill will want to retire on his terms, after building a winning program yet again. Only way he would retire not on his terms would be if some health issue forces it. The actuarial odds on that get worse with increasing age, but he seems to take good care of himself. much more likely that he gets the program on track and steps down when he’s on top.
"Program going backwards, Bob Kraft sick of his surliness and the way it went down with TB12, nice round age of 70"...

He clearly states says BOLD predictions and has to make a case for these predictions. It’s only entertainment guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes