Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of the following scenarios is your present take on the '20 season?

• 1) An abridged season.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 2) A full regular season with fans.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 3) A full season but without fans for all or part of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4) An intermittent season (virus returns)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 5) No season

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fxmallon

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There are an increasing number of reports from here and Europe that we may be in for serious social distancing for the long haul... many months, even a year. Your take on the upcoming ‘20 season

No season. If the virus is still out there and remains a threat in any way, there’s no way they move forward with the season fans or not.

Full season and Goodell suspends the virus for 16 games.

I’m worried - the virus is ravaging families, economies, ways of life.

i still think fear is one of the most powerful forces. This virus must be taken seriously, but almost everyone will survive. Our way of life is liable to suffer more than most individuals. This is not to minimise that people are dying / will die. But rather : for a vast majority of people, factors other than physical health will be the true bad guy.

Is it possible Tom never plays for the Bucs?

I’m worried - the virus is ravaging families, economies, ways of life.

i still think fear is one of the most powerful forces. This virus must be taken seriously, but almost everyone will survive. Our way of life is liable to suffer more than most individuals. This is not to minimise that people are dying / will die. But rather : for a vast majority of people, factors other than physical health will be the true bad guy.
I agree. But if we let life carry on without significant restrictions many millions of people will get sick which means more than a million people could end up dying. It’s a ****ty situation. The economic impact is going to really really hurt. :(

Is it possible Tom never plays for the Bucs?
That’s what I was saying yesterday. There’s no guarantee. He’d probably play the following season so I’d wager yes but still there’s a real chance there is no season.

No season. If the virus is still out there and remains a threat in any way, there’s no way they move forward with the season fans or not.
The virus will not be eradicated anytime this year, so it’ll still be out there in some way.

No way stadiums of 60,000+ are allowed to gather in the fall or anytime this year. All sports this year are over.

The virus will not be eradicated anytime this year, so it’ll still be out there in some way.
Definitely. And thus it would be surprising to me if any sports take place until next year.

Sounds like it’s just going to get worse

Abridged season with no fans.

And that's wishful thinking.

Abridged season with no fans.

And that's wishful thinking.

Not entirely wishful thinking. Granted it wouldn't work for a gate driven sport like MLB and it would take a sea change in attitudes but with TV money there's a path to an NFL season played without crowds in the stands. It wouldn't be easy to get the owners to bite on a minimal or no profit season and would require a players buy in to reduce their contracts to the commensurate revenue drop but unlike the other major sports that depend on gate receipts football could do it if the principals came together.

I think we will flatten the curve by May/June....but I think the NBA/NHL are done for...and MLB ....maybe a 80 game season.

The NFL...I think pre-season is cut down to 2 games. Meaning no HOF game....and we jump right into the dress rehearsal week 3 of pre-season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down