PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Julius Peppers Be Back on the Radar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but he does ultimately sign the checks

and not sure if you've been to patriot place lately, but more than half of the storefronts are boarded up, and the place has to be bleeding a ton of money right now

It's downright brutal there. I wouldn't be suprised if BK is asking the tax assessor for a modification on the rate b/c they are at 60% occupancy and the valuation of the property has depreciated. Doubtful though....

I bet hes charging $50 sq/ft +. Only the high-margin retailers can swallow that nut.

Why do supposedly intelligent posters insist on spewing crap about Bob Kraft having a hand in Belichick's decision of not officially naming an offensive and defensive coordinator?

Umm, maybe because it's... true? :confused: :eek:

The Krafts undeniably give BB a pretty free reign in making day to day football decisions for this team. Organizational decisions? Decisions regarding 40-plus million dollar free agents? Not a chance in hell.

I didn't want to make a separate thread on this so I decided to post it here.

Would anyone like Gary Brackett as the ILB next to Mayo?

1. The Pats need a leader on defense. Brackett is a leader.

2. He is an upgrade over Gary Guyton.

3. It would piss the Colts off.

And to Peppers, no way. You know how much $$$ he'll want?

Are the people who are accusing Kraft of pocketing every penny he can serious? What did I miss?

Last edited:
I didn't want to make a separate thread on this so I decided to post it here.

Would anyone like Gary Brackett as the ILB next to Mayo?

1. The Pats need a leader on defense. Brackett is a leader.

2. He is an upgrade over Gary Guyton.

3. It would piss the Colts off.

And to Peppers, no way. You know how much $$$ he'll want?

May be undersized for this D but I like him as a player. Great motor and always seems to make plays.

It's downright brutal there. I wouldn't be suprised if BK is asking the tax assessor for a modification on the rate b/c they are at 60% occupancy and the valuation of the property has depreciated. Doubtful though....

I bet hes charging $50 sq/ft +. Only the high-margin retailers can swallow that nut.

the problem is that to the north, he's got legacy place and eventually westwood station....to the south its the wrentham outlets and providence place

demographics has him in sort of a pickle....

the only thing the place has that is in any way unique is bass pro, and most people who go there don't bother touching the rest of the place

as for rents, I bet he's giving some of the bigger names rent breaks there (eastern mountain sports, victoria's secret), other-wise, those places would be getting out of dodge

I don't think so. I just don't see the Pats doling out big-time dollars to players who may not even see the field in 2011. They may sign players to big contracts, but only with safeguards that protect the team from a cash-standpoint.

The owners do have some insurance with the guaranteed TV contracts, at least.

I personally still doubt a football-less 2011 comes to pass...or, I hope at least. I would be pissed if we lost another season of Brady particularly after what we dealt with last year.

the problem is that to the north, he's got legacy place and eventually westwood station....to the south its the wrentham outlets and providence place

demographics has him in sort of a pickle....

the only thing the place has that is in any way unique is bass pro, and most people who go there don't bother touching the rest of the place

Yep. We live in central ma near 495/290. The wife will go to Wrentham or NH or the local malls. From a shopping standpoint she has zero interest in going to Patriot Place. I took her once. She wasn't impressed.

God knows she is an authority on shopping....:D

as for rents, I bet he's giving some of the bigger names rent breaks there (eastern mountain sports, victoria's secret), other-wise, those places would be getting out of dodge

I agree.

The owners do have some insurance with the guaranteed TV contracts, at least.

I personally still doubt a football-less 2011 comes to pass...or, I hope at least. I would be pissed if we lost another season of Brady particularly after what we dealt with last year.

$20.4b worth of TV money to go around. Not sure what the breakout are...It'll keep the lights on, but as you point out a lockout will hurt the other parts of their business. Some short-term and long-term. Everyone loses.

I agree it's unlikely, but the team still needs to plan for one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft