PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, my wife is on the front lines of this thing working as a hospital RN. During her shift yesterday she cared for a woman back from a cruise with coronavirus symptoms. My wife said she had to wear: gown, facemask, large plastic shield OVER the facemask and protective gloves to her elbows. When she got home last night she left her shoes outside and I had her go straight to the bathroom where she removed her work scrubs and placed them in a plastic bag that I took down to the basement laundry while she showered. This will be our routine going forward as I try to not be paranoid (for her safety, primarily, then mine). Of course, I have seasonal allergies starting to kick in and am feeling on the crummy side from that plus stress of the unknown so am hypersensitive to physical symptoms of any kind.

She said that if/when the virus spread gets worse she might be forced into overtime as hospital staffers call in sick which already is happening. One good sign is that for the first time since this began the hospital has limited testing available. Each day going forward will be a new challenge and apparently a new story.

This is why I think the US should consider adopting Britain’s strategy. We need to prevent a total breakdown of hospitals and health care workers. By quarantining the elderly population and knowing the death rate is very low among <50, it’s really the only way to (relatively) control this outbreak.

This is why I think the US should consider adopting Britain’s strategy. We need to prevent a total breakdown of hospitals and health care workers. By quarantining the elderly population and knowing the death rate is very low among <50, it’s really the only way to (relatively) control this outbreak.

Not according to new France statistics. Face it, if we don’t lockdown now, this will be a history changing event.

And that’s what’s so conflicting with figuring out symptoms right now. We’re literally in the peak of cold season. What’s the line between staying in and feeling fine enough to go to work?

Don't go to work if you feel sick. Period. That should be standard even outside of a pandemic, but I understand no paid sick leave and small businesses and lack of telework capability and such... but just be smart.

So, my wife is on the front lines of this thing working as a hospital RN. During her shift yesterday she cared for a woman back from a cruise with coronavirus symptoms. My wife said she had to wear: gown, facemask, large plastic shield OVER the facemask and protective gloves to her elbows. When she got home last night she left her shoes outside and I had her go straight to the bathroom where she removed her work scrubs and placed them in a plastic bag that I took down to the basement laundry while she showered. This will be our routine going forward as I try to not be paranoid (for her safety, primarily, then mine). Of course, I have seasonal allergies starting to kick in and feel on the crummy side from that plus stress of the unknown so am hypersensitive to physical symptoms of any kind.

She said that if/when the virus spread gets worse she might be forced into overtime as hospital staffers call in sick which already is happening. One good sign is that for the first time since this began the hospital has limited testing available. Each day going forward will be a new challenge and apparently a new story.
Hopefully we will have the same respect/response that we did after 9/11 for nurses, emts, hospital staff and doctors after the crisis is past. I’ll keep your wife in my good thoughts and hopes she can do her best for as long as she can without becoming sick.

Not according to new France statistics. Face it, if we don’t lockdown now, this will be a history changing event.

Let’s see what actually happens there. This report is an anomaly...hopefully there is some explanation. I just read that still virtually no one in Italy under 50 has died.

Some new data being reported.

France: over 50% of persons in ICU are under the age of 60.
Also Spain now has infortunately many many increases...

Army there to make rules respected...

Let’s see what actually happens there. This report is an anomaly...hopefully there is some explanation. I just read that still virtually no one in Italy under 50 has died.

My guess? It is mutating. I’ve always thought it was a weapon based virus which would explain it’s possible mutating effects.

In Mexico a concert with a lot of people...:confused:

Hopefully we will have the same respect/response that we did after 9/11 for nurses, emts, hospital staff and doctors after the crisis is past. I’ll keep your wife in my good thoughts and hopes she can do her best for as long as she can without becoming sick.
Forgot to add that she said one full ward of the hospital is being designated for treatment of coronavirus patients exclusively. No idea yet how it will be staffed and she mentioned the possibility of nurses from all wards being rotated through it, which I think is a bad idea as it potentially will expose more people. My suggestion is to get volunteers working in that ward full-time at higher pay -- I guess like combat pay. Another development that's extraordinary: the hospital is admitting no visitors.

My guess? It is mutating. I’ve always thought it was a weapon based virus which would explain it’s possible mutating effects.

That would be horrid. But we’ve yet to see any increased fatality rate yet, not even anecdotal accounts.

It’s possible that due to the infamy of the virus, more people are now running to the hospitals, including many younger people, whereas they would have just stayed home with a flu prior to this global outbreak. Just saying there are other explanations.

I think they just announced that if you even get a mild case of this, it could result in longterm lung disease.

If that's true, for those not taking this seriously because it likely wouldn't affect you personally much... may want to reconsider.

I think they just announced that if you even get a mild case of this, it could result in longterm lung disease.

If that's true, for those not taking this seriously because it likely wouldn't affect you personally much... may want to reconsider.
Where did the anouncement come from? Im taking this ultra seriously but honestly isnt this a little early to announce a long term prognosis?

Now I officially hate this forkin' virus.
I'm divorced with 15 year old twins. They're pretty much what I live for. They live with my ex-wife in the same city.
I used to see them 3x a week but they're honors students so both of our schedules cut it down to Sundays.
Now I can't see them at all.
My ex is a cancer survivor and it's in remission. She's at very high risk. So they're now isolated in their house, no visitors, no friends,nothing. They're not going out for any reason. Pretty devastating to me, may be weeks or months b4 I see them.
But we gotta do it. It sucks.

c5dc950b3b1f2359.jpeg

Where did the anouncement come from? Im taking this ultra seriously but honestly isnt this a little early to announce a long term prognosis?
Let's hope the predicted decrease in cases occurs in Italy in two weeks.

65 deaths in USA from corona

18,000 from influenza

What am I missing?
What, you think we're at steady state? Just getting started. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST